Stargazing

Legolas grabbed (Y/N)'s hand, "Come, I have something to show you." He led her to a part in the forest where the trees parted enough to see a good portion of the sky. Still not letting go of each other's hands, they both stood in awe at the sight before them. The night sky was completely covered in stars; more than either of them had seen before.

"Wow, it's beautiful," (Y/N) exclaimed.

Legolas looked to her, "I can think of something more beautiful."

A blush rose to the surface of (Y/N)'s cheeks as she smiled shyly. She slowly turned her head towards him. Legolas was displaying the little smirk he only showed for her, making her feel extra warm inside. They both returned their attention toward the sky.

(Y/N) felt an arm snake around her waist and pull her close to Legolas's warm body. She leaned into him, savoring every second. She lay her head on his shoulder and in return her lay his head on hers. (Y/N) couldn't be happier.

This soon ended when Legolas decided to unleash his childish nature – something he frequently did when around her since they were elflings together. All of a sudden (Y/N) felt fingertips dancing around her abdomen. Uncontrollable giggles escaped her lips as she squirmed to free herself. Legolas refused to stop, knowing that she loved it when he tickled her and besides her laugh was his favorite sound.

"Legolas!" (Y/N) pleaded while giggling.

He chuckled in response, grinning with his teeth showing. Another thing he only did when she was around.

When she felt his grip loosen, she darted away relishing in the freedom to let herself breathe. Problem was, he was right behind her. (Y/N) continued to run not daring to look behind her for she knew it was only a matter of time before he caught up to her. She laughed as she ran until she felt his arms once again come in contact with her body. He lifted her up just off the ground and said, "I'll always catch you meleth nin."

"I know, but I like the thrill of the chase," she teased.

Legolas gently set her down as if she would break. He traced his hands down her arms until they reached her hands and held them. "There's something I want to give you and it seems as though tonight is the perfect night for it." He reached into his tunic and pulled out an intricate little box.

(Y/N) took the box carefully and admired the woodwork, "The box is gorgeous, I can't imagine what beauty its contents hold." She tilted her head back up to Legolas with eyes full of wonder. (Y/N) opened the box to reveal a necklace with the pendant resembling a star. The jewels looking as though they were made of pure starlight. She gasped, "Legolas, this is absolutely beautiful!"

"It is to remind you that you are the brightest star of them all. Your radiance and character beam brighter than any other elleth."

(Y/N)'s cheeks couldn't hide their rosy shade. She knows of how much Legolas adores her but to hear him say that was as if he was telling her he loved her for the first time. Legolas took the necklace out of the box and placed it around (Y/N)'s neck. She turned around to face him and he was so taken in by the addition of the necklace to her beauty that he couldn't help but embrace her and kiss her forehead, "Amin mela le."

When he let go of her, she replied, "I love you too meleth nin. This is a truly beautiful gift and I will wear it always and treasure it forever."

"As I will treasure you forever."