Victory of the Heart

Request: Thranduil and Legolas are Sindar elves and I'm pretty sure they're the only Sindar in Mirkwood. Can we have Y/N as Elrond's Apprentice alongside Lindir? I like the idea of Y/N going with Elrond and the party of elves from Rivendell when Aragorn gets crowned King of Gondor where she meets Legolas. Maybe they're travelling with Elrond and the elves to the Grey Havens when a remnant band of three Orcs attack and Y/N reacts fast enough to save Elrond from a stray sword? And then they could stop off in Mirkwood to see if Thranduil wants to lead his people to the Havens, but he'd probably say no and then notice that Y/N looks strikingly similar in build and traits to himself and Legolas so he decides to order Legolas to accompany Elrond's party to the Grey Havens in an attempt to get them to fall for each other @theambernightingale

The room was silent as the elves awaited the news that the scroll held. Lord Elrond cleared his throat, "My fellow elves, before me I have a letter addressed to myself from a comrade stationed in Gondor." By the sight before him of the crowd of fidgeting elves, he began to read the letter aloud. "The contents of this letter will produce immense joy and I am glad to share it with you, my friend. The war of the ring has been won and we have obtained victory over the darkness. Although another victory may be more important to the elves of Rivendell who are familiar with Estel. He has finally reclaimed the throne of Gondor! We know he will make a proper king and steer the city in the direction it has been begging for. The coronation is to be held in a week and we hope you can attend."

The courtyard erupted into a cheer as the elves celebrated the long-awaited victory of the war, but mostly Aragorn's success in taking his rightful place on the throne of Gondor. Elrond could barely contain the noise and other, curious elves joined the mass wondering why they were making such a racket.

In honor of the great news, the elves drank and feasted that night. Those who knew Aragorn, shared stories of their experiences with him and attempted to illustrate his characters and good heart. (Y/N) participated as a main source of this information. She had known Aragorn since he arrived in Rivendell and became very close friends with him. She was overjoyed when she heard the news and begged Lord Elrond that she join him in attending the coronation.

(Y/N) was standing speaking with a few elves and Lindir was next to her, confirming all of her claims about Aragorn's strong will. Their small audience grew quiet as their eyes shifted to between (Y/N) and Lindir. They ceased telling their story and turned to the distraction.

"Good evening everyone, I need to talk to these two for a moment," Lord Elrond declared, referring to (Y/N) and Lindir.

They scooted to the side for some privacy as Lord Elrong continued, "As my apprentices, and per request of (Y/N), I believe it would be appropriate if you accompanied me to Aragorn's coronation."

"Thank you, Lord Elrond! I have been waiting for this day ever since I found out who Aragorn's father was," (Y/N) exclaimed.

Lindir nodded, "Same here, I am extremely grateful for this opportunity, Lord Elrond."

"Good, we leave in the morning at dawn! It's a long ride and we must leave as soon as we have light." Lord Elrond informed them. Not wanting to hear their complaints of the early departure and lengthy time on a horse, he turned on his heel in search of new conversation.

(Y/N) squealed, "Oh, I can't wait!"

The journey was long, but as soon as (Y/N) clapped eyes on the white city, her heart was beating faster than ever. She was so excited to see Aragorn again and see him crowned king. She could not wait for the leadership he would bring to the city.

They arrived the night before the coronation, greeted Aragorn and stayed up most of the night catching up. This only meant that getting up the next morning for the coronation was much harder than expected. (Y/N) dragged herself out of the bed and haphazardly put her gown on and did her hair. She rushed down to see a huge mass of people gathered around the steps and down the length of the structure. Before she could take it all in and discover whether or not the ceremony had begun already, someone grabbed her arm and pulled her to her spot close to the steps.