four ;

i wanted to tweet about jae and our conversation, but then i realized maybe he would like to keep it private. no one knows if he really dmed me on instagram and i don't want people to know who's behind this account.

so instead, i tweeted a related topic to my now 324 followers, asking if i should dm jae himself.

i got multiple replies, mostly yes's, but i realized i couldn't do it because of twitter's rule of not being able to dm verified users on twitter. how disappointing. i bit my lip, wondering what i should do.

i have a fan account on instagram, but it's for k-pop in general, so it'd be kind of weird if i dm-ed him from there.

i hummed 'shoot me' and stood up, stretching my sore muscles from being idle for too long. it was kind of pointless though, because i flopped right back down onto my bed again, not even .5 seconds later. i stood up for good a few minutes later and escaped my stuffy room, leaving my phone and laptop on.

"hey," my best friend, carlos immediately greeted me when he picked up my call.

"hey king. wanna come over? i'm done being anti-social."

he laughed. "sure. i have nothing better to do."

"i should be offended, but i'm used to it. see you soon."

he ended the call and i smiled to myself. he was my first love. and yet he's my best friend to this day.

i remember him liking me, but nothing really happened. we never talked about it again. and i'm fine with that because i found park jaehyung.

i smiled to myself. what would happen if jae ever met carlos. would he get jealous?

wait what? i pinched myself. that's not right. you're sounding like a really crazy fangirl. it's okay to be a fangirl, but calm down a bit, okay y/n? i sighed. if only park jaehyung knew how crazy he made me.

a knock on the door kicks me out of my daydreams. i walked over to it and opened the door, carlos casually pushing past me and striding into my house.

"so what have you been doing this summer break? you know, before we head off to college?" he asked, settling into my couch.

i shrugged, sitting next to him and turning on the tv. "catching up on day6. falling in love with someone who won't know i even breathe. the usual."

carlos glances at me through his long brown hair, smiling. "it's alright. i'm sure you'll get to see him."

i looked at him in surprise. "what do you mean?"

his smirk stayed on his face while he looked at me with sly eyes. i glared at him in return. "just wait. anyway," he groaned, standing up from the couch. "i have to go. see you soon."

"but you just got here," i stared blankly at him.

he mysteriously smiled at me and slipped through the door. i stared in confusion at the closed wooden door until my gaze flickered to my room, where the faintest bing was heard.

"what now?" i walked cautiously to my room and pushed open the creaky door.

my phone was still lit up with the notification and soon, many more came flooding in.

"oh no." this didn't seem like a good sign.

i picked my phone up tentatively, almost as if it were a bomb, and snuck a peek at the screen. many people were replying with the same message in different words. shit.

@yourejaedi:
Check your dms !! Now !!

@popzitrily:
GIRL DMS NOW HE MIGHTVE—

"fuck. he did not," i said under my breath.

i clicked onto twitter and saw one dm.

one look and i knew it was from jae. that damn profile picture of that smug dog.

i opened the dm and shouted, "jae! what the fuck!"