twenty ;

i'm so sorry my lovelies. i have school. :( but enjoy this chapter. we're almost done. and by almost done, i mean at least five chapters. hope you enjoy <3

-

it wasn't that late, but i hadn't wanted to disturb emily. i'm sure i'd be able to talk to her soon enough anyway.

i didn't want to be a bother to anyone. once i had bid the two boys a good night, i stripped off my clothes and prepped myself for a very well-deserved shower.

in the process of rinsing my hair, i took the opportunity to think about what had happened earlier in the day. it was mostly the argument i had with brian that messed me up. i felt terrible, but i thought back to what sungjin had said the day we went shopping. i've known he was right, i simply needed time to do it on my own.

the shower handle squeaked when i turned it to shut the shower off. wrapping a towel around my dripping hair first then my damp body, i stepped out onto the towel on the floor. i found myself wiping part of the mirror and staring into the eyes of one with the darker shade of brown similar to mine. though, there was no way it could be me staring back.

i dried myself off and slipped my warm pajamas of gray sweatpants and a sweatshirt i stole from carlos before i jetted off to korea. my movements were slow as i brushed through my wet hair. i wasn't looking forward to tomorrow. however, it's the price i pay for being ignorant.

i turned off the light and crawled into bed. unplugging my phone from the nightstand, i turned onto my side, snuggling into my usual cuddle pillow. it was now 10:26pm. i clicked on the colorful icon of instagram and slid open to my most recent dm conversation, which coincidentally was jae.

hey are you awake?

ten minutes passed and still no response nor any sign of him even reading it. i frowned.

goodnight, jaehyungie~!

today was already not the best, so i chose to ignore the lack of response from the person that i could count on to make me happy so naturally. my leg voluntarily settled over my pillow and i had succeeded in finally finding my comfortable position.

pretty soon, i drifted asleep.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

i don't remember what i dreamt about, i faintly remember seeing myself on stage by myself and almost having a breakdown. i also remember someone helping me through it, though i'm not so sure who.

that dream did not leave my mind the entire time as i was getting ready for whatever jyp had planned for us. sungjin had told us that we didn't have many performances this week, but had other kinds of promotions waiting for us.

sweeping my hair to the side and gathering it into a low pony, i clasped stray kids' bracelet around my wrist. i closed my eyes momentarily. i had just gotten up, but i already knew today was going to be an energy-draining day.

"good morning, riah!" dowoon greeted me as i entered the kitchen. "morning," i said, sliding around him to grab a mug for my usual cup of coffee.

"are you alright?" he asked, moving to where he could see him. i faintly smiled. was i really that transparent?

"i will be okay, don't worry, dowoon. so what's the plan for today?"

sungjin entered the room and tapped both me and dowoon on the shoulder. "get in the car. i'll explain."

dowoon and i looked at each other. i put my coffee in a travel mug and grabbed my bag, shuffling after dowoon.

in the car, sungjin explained to us what we were going to be doing. "they'll be splitting us up for interviews, three and three. it will be jae, wonpil, and riah, and the other three." my head spun. it could be worse, i thought to myself.