seventeen (extended) ;

the whole phone call with skz from chapter seventeen.

i wanted to give you guys a little something while i'm working on the latest update so you're aware that i have not given up on this book. bear with me and please enjoy. thank you and be safe.

i got up and headed towards my room. when i opened the door, chan was on the bed, hands above him, twirling about, as if his hands were dancing.

"riah!" he said, shooting up from his position. "you're here! right, your gift from the nine of us, even if it's just me here, but still," he said, rambling on. "anyway, here."

his hand dug into his pocket and outstretched his hand to me, a silver charm bracelet in his palm.

"oh my god, it's beautiful!" i exclaimed, taking it carefully from him.

he hummed in agreement, obviously happy at my reaction. "we all added a charm. woojin chose a bear, minho chose a cat, changbin chose a chunk of silver, i think, hyunjin chose a crown, jisung chose cake, i don't know which type, felix chose an x-o thing, seungmin chose headphones, jeongin chose a snowflake, and i chose a kangaroo. obviously."

while he was explaining, i was turning the bracelet in my hand, admiring each charm from each of the guys. i felt so loved and important and wow, stray kids is amazing, but what's new?

"chan, oh my god, thank you! this is beautiful!"

"want to call them? you can thank them yourself," he suggested, already taking his phone out.

i nodded and he said, "i'll call felix."

the phone didn't ring for long when felix finally picked up with a gruff hello.

"felix! thank you so much for your charm! what's with the x-o?"

"riah! hello! and it's x-o, meaning hugs and kisses, because i love you! hold on, i'll be right back," he said. chan and i looked at each other, finding that we're waiting once again while hearing shuffling on the other side of the line.

when felix came back, we heard more voices. "i let the others know that you called and they dropped everything to come talk to you!" he said.

i giggled, feeling happy that stray kids were willingly wanting to talk to me.

"anyway, they all want to explain their charms. here's changbin first."

changbin's voice greeted me with a bright hello. "riah! do you know pokemon?"

"yeah, of course."

"good, you're cultured. so guess which charm is mine." i twisted the bracelet around and found a silver munchlax, the only pokemon on the bracelet. it was about the size of my pinky nail. "please tell me you know which one it is." his voice was pleading.

i laughed. "of course i do. the munchlax is adorable, changbin."

chan snorted beside me. "was that chan?" changbin said. "he thought it was a chunk of silver." based on his tone of voice, i could tell changbin was mildly offended.

chan retorted back, "it's just fat with a face!" i jabbed him in the side with my elbow along with squinted eyes.

changbin huffed. "i'll text you later, riah. i don't want to talk to that airhead you call chan." there was some more shuffling and minho said hello.

"i chose a cat. i wanted to put three cats for each of my cats, but chan said no," he said with an obvious bitterness.

"it's okay, the cat is still cute! which one is it? sooni, doongi, or dori?"