nine ;

"riah!"

"dammit brian! i will literally chop off your balls and throw them to your fans while you become broke with no family and i'll get rich because i sold your bal--you're not brian," i trailed off. fuck. jae stood at the foot of my bed with a sandwich in hand. "i'll let brian know," he said.

he smirked at me, settling on the bed. "you're sort of late." i whipped my head at the bedside clock, eyes widening at the time. fucking 8:30! i shot up in bed, but jae pushed me back down gently, sitting down on my bed. "relax. i told jyp you'll be with me the whole day. so, that way we can work on your korean."

i sighed.

"we didn't get much done last night, so i thought, why not try to get something done today," he shrugged.

"jae, if i'm being honest, i don't want to do work." the words tumbled out before i thought it. he laughed, thankfully. "honestly? me too. want to  fool around and get?"

his swimming brown eyes met my shining gaze. we both exchanged mischievous looks. "okay. let's do it. now, let me change."

"yes, ma'am. but, by the way, we'll have to actually learn something. it's going to help your korean."

"deal. now, out."

once he left, i switched my old clothes for light-washed jeans and a black crop-top with a white cardigan. i rushed brushing my teeth, hastily washing my face, and found jae in the kitchen, lounging in jeans and a white tee-shirt. "let's go."

jae led me to his car and i got in the front seat. "before we go and mess around, i have to drop by the jyp building."

"okay." though, i was confused as to why since we were doing this because weren't we supposed to be avoiding work? he parked and it took few minutes, but came back with bang chan from stray kids in tow.

i let out an inhuman sound, similar to a bird's call, and dove down in the little space in front of me, trying to hide. a knock from the window made me jump, but i pretended to still be immobile. the side door opened and my eyes met jae's jean-covered thighs.

"riah. why the hell are you down there?"

"jae. why the hell is bang chan from stray kids here?"

"oh, him? he's coming with us." i glared at jae, avoiding chan's eyes. "get up from there. let's go.

so, i moved to sit in the back and chan took my spot in the front.

"i brought him because he speaks english and korean fluently. he could help out."

"jae. was this because i said i would die if i met stray kids?"

"maybe. and it's not even all of stray kids. it's just chan."

chan spoke up for the first time, his voice sending shivers through my body. "i could bring stray kids next time."

"no thank you!" i opposed immediately. "i don't need another heart attack, thank you very much," i mumbled the last part. thankfully, chan chose not to comment on what i said.

"so, where we going jae?"

"where are we going, you mean," chan corrected.

"yeah, that. now, answer the question. please."

"calm down. we're just heading towards the market."

sure enough, a few agonizing minutes, jae parked in the busy parking lot. i jumped out and walked beside them.

"how's your training?" chan randomly asked.

"okay. i've been more tired though."

he agreed, "that's definitely expected. if you ever need a break, just let me know and i'll sneak you out."