•Chapter 21•

*Y/N POV*

When he came home that day, he was drenched, his eyes burning red as if he had been smoking a blunt or two when he went out. He promised he was okay, and told me to get his bath ready, taking his drenched clothes off by the door before walking into a hot shower. I took a water bottle out of the fridge, placing it in the usual spot before throwing his wet clothes into the washing machine to have them clean.

And even though he talked to me when he came back out, he slowly began to turn more and more distant with me as the days went by.

He would barely look at me when we ate dinner together, much less speak to me when he got home from work, but even though I felt how distant he was being throughout the day, at night, he'd pull me close and hug me tight, crying in his sleep, murmuring apology after apology.

I was still unsure of what hate he had built against Jackson, or even why he thought it was not okay for him to visit me, but I had to do something to be able to remember my past, and Jackson held the answer to that.

As the days went by, I also noticed the way he became more and more precise when spotting me, along with speaking of me as if he could see me, and it wasn't until that Saturday when I looked at myself in the mirror after a shower that I noticed I had become more visible.

I still had parts that were transparent, but most of my face, hair, and arms where visible, my neck having small transparent spots here and there.

Another thing I had been getting, besides the weird distance between me and Jin, was these extremely sharp headaches that would make me faint, waking up in pools of my own blood that would disappear as soon as I came to.

The only blood that was left behind was visible left on my body no sight of it on the floor, my hands and face being the ones covered by it, along with weird scrapes here and there.

By that Saturday I was covered head to toe with bandages or ointments, all stemming from the first couple of times I had gone through those headaches to then.

I sat alone by the house phone, my hands inside a big hoodie that Jin had given to me, keeping myself warm from the cold air that began to surround me.

For some odd reason, I had begun to feel extremely cold, my hands going towards Princess to hopefully get some radiation from her, but failing miserably when she ran away from my arms.

Jin had told me not to wait for him, that he would be out until late that night working on a new project he was building, so I'd be alone for the rest of the afternoon.

And that was my chance.

My chance to do something about the atmosphere. I could tell Jin had been hiding something from me, and now I had the perfect chance to find my answers now that I was alone.

I moved upwards, my hand slowly reaching for the phone.

It was strange, my hand being in agonizing pain as I moved them.

Finally reaching it, I picked it up and began dialing the only other person I knew who would actually be willing to help.

"Hey Y/N, been a while since you called, you okay?"

"Hani..help me," I cried before my sight went dark.

What was this uneasy feeling?

Mom, am I going to die today?

"Y/N? Hey!! Y/N!!"

The faint sound of Hani's voice shouting was the last thing I hear before I blacked out, my body hitting the cold floor, my head feeling like it was up in flames.