•Chapter 25•

◈◈◈◈◈

*Y/N POV*

I sat in a rocking chair in the apartment, holding onto the small pendant I had around my neck while waiting for Jackson to come back from the fan meet he was participating in.

It had been a year since I had last seen him, that shadowy figure up on the balcony of my hospital room. That man who had been the one to leave me tulips and a pendant on my bed, the same one who disappeared without a single trace, or word. All I had heard from the nurses was that he had desperately searched for me, and once he had found me, he had left with a trail of tears behind him.

It had been a year, a year of full recovery and therapy, tests here, analyzes there. Jackson stayed by my side, holding my hand as I learned to walk again, and even helping me brush my hair and gain vitamins back into my system. I had lost a significant amount of weight while in the coma, but thankfully, the doctors said I'd be able to gain it as long as I kept a healthy diet, one Jackson often checked up on me about.

I felt at ease now that I sat in my new home, three months strong and away from the hospital and doctors that often made my life a bit gloomy. They had been nothing but nice, yet being there always felt like I was suffocating in my own instability.

Jackson had taken me to a small apartment he was renting for me, one we often shared to sleep in.

He often slept in the living room and was still his go-lucky self even after I had rejected his marriage proposal.

It was three weeks after my release that Jackson decided to pop the question, one I hoped not to ever have to answer. He was my best guy friend, and someone I loved dearly. I didn't want to lose that. And if I accepted, I would come to lose it, lose all the love and care he had given me thus far.

Besides that, there was the fact that I didn't love him. I had tried very hard to, but I simply couldn't force my heart to fall for someone I didn't love. From the way he looked at me, cared for me, and even sung for me, there wasn't anything I didn't adore. Still, it was the love of a sibling, of family, that was the only love I had for him.

Something in my gut told me, he wasn't the one I loved.

The door to the apartment opened, Jackson entering with a couple of bags in hand while talking on the phone, his white tee nearly ripping apart from the number of muscles he had on his arms.

"Yes sir, I'll be there next week. Yes, thank you for the invitation," he said, taking his phone from under his neck. Turning it off, he placed it on the table along with the bags he had, taking three and handing it to me.

The bags were elegant, like those expensive type bags you see given at boutiques, Jackson walking over to give me a small side hug.

"Here, Y/N, tell me what you think," he smiled, eyeing the bags he had handing me before letting me go.

I laid the dress on the counter, looking at the floral pattern as I took out the shoes and purse he had also bought for me.