•Chapter 10•

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

*Jin POV*

I drove off frustrated into the street, my hands shaking uncontrollably at the wheel.

"Fuck!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, hitting the top of the steering wheel as I came to a stop at the red light.

Another one.

Another person I would get attached to and never see again once I said goodbye to them.

Why was it that I could never be left alone?

The one thing I hated of seeing spirits was the many names I remembered.

Everyone I had met and would never meet again.

Why was life so difficult?

Placing my head against my hands, I was interrupted by the sound of a loud honk.

The light had turn green, and because of my small melodrama, I hadn't seen it.

"Sorry," I said while I looked at the car in the back through the mirror.

"Keep your shit together Jin," I repeated to myself.

~

I finally arrived at the company, the tall building rising up 17 stories,  a shimmer of light catching the marble walls.

17 stories... just like the 17 spirits I had met in my lifetime, including Y/N.

I had spent so much time with each one that there hadn't been a year I didn't have a spirit with me.

Some spirits would last 2 years... Some only a couple of months.

How long did I have with Y/N?

A month? A year?

The questions built up as I made my way into the elevator of the parking lot.

I paced around, clicking the button up while I thought through what I'd do when I got home.

Did she oblige by the same rules as the others?

I mean...she was..touchable.

I had never met a spirit I could touch and it was frightening, yet...I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.

The elevator doors opened, and I took the stairs up to the entrance of the building, counting each step in hopes of getting my mind cleared up.

As if it would work.

I walked down the hall, finding the front desk and passing by the lobby before clicking another elevator up into the floor where my office was at.

Floor number 17.

There were only three rooms on floor 17.

The restroom, my office, and the conference room.

It wasn't as lonely as many people thought.

I specifically liked the privacy in times like these, where I'd be stuck sharing a place with a ghost.

Not that I hated living with them, but even I need some privacy to do... things.

No, not those kinds of things... Well similar, but like... I'm still clean okay?

I hadn't even had my first kiss for heaven's sake!

That only added to the rumors about me being gay, but... those were only rumors.

I finally reached the 17th floor, my frustration subsiding to a simmer as I waved hello to my secretary.