Mistakes and Love

(The next day)

It was the middle of the morning. Epifanio was already at his office working on the campaign. It would be a few days until he started coming home regularly again. He decided to work early since being governor could often lead to several events taking a turn. Thus leaving other things he needed to attend to unaddressed.

Camila was at home. She had her own things to do being the governor's wife, but most of it was handled by him. It didn't leave her with much to do. She was, however, working on a march to celebrate the women who had lost their husbands.

"I wonder how Epifanio's doing. I'll pay him a visit. Everything is being handled well anyway," said Camila.

She went to his office, but he wasn't there. Camila went inside and sat down. She would wait until her husband returned. She had a surprise for him.

Eva went to Epifanio's office. She wanted to ask him if he wanted her to make sure things were coming along well. When Eva walked into his office, she became pissed off.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Eva said.

"I'm here to see my husband. I have something for him," Camila responded.

"You can leave it on the front desk and we can give it to him for you!"

"I thought I would deliver this myself and there is no need to yell."

"Oh please, don't act so formal. Admit it, you're only using him to look good!"

"Excuse me?! I love my husband!"

"Oh yeah sure. All you really are is a slut!"

Camila was enraged, she tried to keep her cool but couldn't. Eva was yelling at her like mad. Epifanio has just returned to his office when he heard the two women fighting.

"You really are such a whore!" yelled Eva.

"What have I ever done to you?! You're saying all of this and for what?! I've done nothing!" Camila yelled back.

At this point, Eva was pissed the hell off. She walked over and slapped Camila on the ground just as Epifanio stepped in.

"Camila!" he shouted. "Eva what the hell is your problem?!"

"Sir, I can explain. I-"

"Take you things and leave! I've let you off the hook before but this has gone too far! I heard some of the things you said! She is my wife and I love her! I've noticed you've been trying to get closer, but no more! This is the last time you do this!"

Camila, still on the ground, sat there staring at him in shock. She didn't know how to feel at the moment, but she was mostly distracted by the sting that ran through her cheek. Eva slapped her really hard, and it hurt. Something was off. Camila rubbed her cheek and then looked at her hand.