Chapter 24 Miracle Lane

Chapter 24

Miracle Lane

Staring at the T.V screen in the lounge room that's playing Spanish music and Danny attempting to dance and Maria laughing at him while my mind is elsewhere.

This can't be happening! I can't like him. When I picture his face I break out smiling or when someone says his name I look away trying to hide my smile.

"I know that smile."

I look up at Maria and she takes a seat next to me. She grabs my hand. "I had the exact smile when I fell in love with Simon. He was on my mind day and night."

I look down at our hands before looking up.

"His on my mind all day and I try to distract myself but I can't. But Maria I can't be with him. I see it in his eyes that his hiding something big and I feel that the thing his hiding is dangerous and I'm so scared. But... I don't know!.......That day... That day I trusted him like I've known him for years. I'm so stupid."

Maria pats my hand. "I know what you're going through. I know what you're feeling because I had felt that years ago."

"What am I supposed to do?" I question, looking at the ceiling, "I've never been in this position before in my life. It's like it's has hit me like a train."

I look at Maria, "Is this how it feel when people say 'love at first sight'. Because when I laid my eye on him I knew. I just knew but I don't know what I knew exactly if that makes sense!"

Maria laughs, "Honey, love doesn't make any sense in general. One day you're loving your single life and the next you want to be in a relationship because you have fallen in love. It will never make sense."

"Ahhhggg, why am i in this position." I say in frustration.

"What position? Who hurt you!" Danny yells panting from dancing.

"No one hurt me Danny."

"Ok good! Because if they did I'll fix them up with my Angelo. We will fix them up." He says taping his foot.

Here we go again. I'm smiling like an idiot. Knowing Danny likes him I can't help but feel how he is with kids younger then Danny. Will he be the strict parent, the cool one or the one that is a little bit of everything.

*
*
*
*

NEXT DAY

Lying down on my bed I look at the watch and see I have half an hour left before waking Danny up for school. Pushing myself up from bed and slipping on my slippers I walk to the kitchen and start taking out the ingredients for pancakes.

Mixing all the ingredients and greasing the pan to cook the pancake I finish them all in ten minutes ready on time so Danny eats them nice and warm with his ice cream and maple syrup.

Walking to Danny's room I shake his shoulder and he turns around with a smile.

"I smell pancakes." He yells and jumps out of bed running to the kitchen.

I laugh and walk out his room back to the kitchen and see Danny already sitting down with the pancakes in front of him. Grabbing the ice cream from the fridge and scoop I sit down next to him with my pancakes in front.

"How many scoops of vanilla ice cream would you like?" I ask him.

"Two scoops please!"

I place two scoops on top of his pancakes and drizzle maple syrup on top and he digs in.

"I missed your pancakes!" Danny says with his mouth full.

I touch his shoulder. "Me too." I laugh and so does he.