Chapter 5 Miracle Lane

"Miracle." The voice who was yelling before says in a thoughtful gently voice. Not like a few minutes ago.

"Who is it?" I say in a dual tone.

"You don't know who I am. You already forgot about me."

"It's either you say who you're or walk out of my room." I say. Most people do that so what's going to be different with this guy talking.

"Just turn around and you will see who I am!"

"Turn around?" I mumble.

This guy should know that I'm blind there is no point turning around because where ever I turn it's still going to be the same.

I hear footsteps walk in front of me and someone touches my check. I flinch backwards at his touch.

"Miracle, please don't be scared of me. I'm not going to hurt you." He begs.

"I'm not scared. It just that I don't understand why you're wasting your time to talk to me and touch my check that's all." I explain to the stranger with no name.

"What do you mean?" He breaths out.

I ignore his question. "Who are you?" I ask again.

"Your looking straight at me." He says.

"There is this thing called 'not working'" I give him a hint.

"Huh?" He says clueless.

"How are you?" I change the subject.

"I've been good, but it hasn't felt the same since I left eight years ago. Something has been missing and I just realised it a few days ago." He says laced with grief and heartbroken.

Eight years ago!

"Jason!" I whisper.

W-what is he doing here?

"Now you recognise me." His voice laced with happiness.

"What happened to you eight years ago?" I asked.

"I got into bad stuff! Realised something that I didn't realise straight away. I screwed a chance to be with someone because I was to stupid what I had done. Miracle, my life is just- it's just messed up. I don't know why I even came over for? I'm going to put you in danger." He says worriedly.

"Don't worry. I'm already in danger." I breath out not happy about it.

"You're what!" He yells.

He hasn't changed a bit still the same. I am happy that he hasn't changed.

"I had a gun pointing to me last week. I've been in this room for a week now! I even missed a important appointment that I needed to go at. Don't worry I have been in danger for three years or so." I explain to him.

"Miracle, I never knew you hang around the wrong crowd."

"You think that low about me?" I whisper.

I know what he is thinking. He thinks I'm a- pardon my language, but a slut like my sisters.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean that."

"Because my sisters are sluts and hang around the wrong crowd doesn't mean it will be me. I'm nothing like them! I haven't even seen my nephew face for three years that it kills me everyday. I haven't even moved from this bed for three years. And you jump to conclusions that I'm just like them! You have been gone for eight years and come back unexpectedly, and judging me. You know nothing about me. You may have been my best friend once upon a time, but not now. Because of you and my family I went to bad depression that I wanted to kill myself. Do you remember the things you said about me when you left?!" I yell at him and tears falling down my checks.

FLASHBACK

"Hello, Jason." I skip towards Jason who is in the kitchen eating cereal in the afternoon.

"Hey." He says not interested.

"What's wrong? Are you feeling alright." I asked concerned and feel his forehead.

He has no temperature.

"Why do you care? Huh? Tell me." He picks up the plate and throws it across the room. It shutters across the room.

"Because you're my best friend that's why." I answer him truthfully.

"You know what?" He starts, "-I wish you die or go blind because you are a fucking brat, bitch and a whore. I wonder why your parents, cousins, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles hate you. I should've listened to them from the the start when I became friends with you. I can't believe I have been friends with a girl younger then me. What was I thinking? I hate you!" He yells at my face storming out of the house.

END OF FLASHBACK

That was the last time I saw him.

"One of your wishers came true." I whisper.

"I didn't mean what I said then. Camila, she cheated on me that day and I was angry and I couldn't stay anymore in this place so I left and I took all my anger out on you. I'm sorry I didn't mean anything. I'm sorry that I made you go through bad depression. I'm sorry." He says not hearing what I just whispered. I hear him sniff.

His crying!

"When I look at your eyes. I don't see the eyes I used to see when we were together talking about school, funny moments when we were small and make fun of people walking past us. I don't see the happiness in them anymore. You're just looking at me like I'm not in front of you, the few minutes I've been here looking at you. You're not the same around me. I know I caused this. And I'm sorry." He sniffs and holds my hand.

"It's the past. It's already caused you can't change that." I tell him.

He takes a huge breath and coughs. "What have you been doing the past years?" He asks.

"Avoiding people, beating my depression and anxiety, making my nephew happy because I want him to feel love of someone and I feel like his mother, and I love that feeling because he's the only person that makes my day interesting, worked at a child care at the baby section, but I had to stop because I'm bli-, slit open my arms because depression took over my life pretty bad, got bullied and get called harsh stuff, dropped out of school the first week of year twelve because there was no point going when no one appreciated it. I don't move from this bed unless I go walking, doctor appointments or grandparents house with Danny. My life isn't special" I sigh.

"Wait I thought your nephew died because you said you haven't seen his face for three years?" Jason asks confused.

"Jason, I'm blind." I tell him.

------------

This chapter is dedicated to @kaishena17

Thanks for reading and sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Vote or comment feel free :)