Chapter 14 Miracle Lane

Chapter 14

Miracle Lane

Heart beating fast from the excitement I'm feeling. Today is the day that the blindfold I have wrapped around my eyes comes off.

The surgery went pretty good. It went smoothly. Dr Alessandro went through on what I should expect the next few days after the surgery. I wanted to wait the last day I will spend at the hospital to take the blindfold.

"You ready to take the blindfold." Dr Alessandro speaks up.

My heart beats faster. "Yes I'm very ready." I say, my voice breaking from the excitement that's washing all over me.

Feeling his hands behind my head removing the blindfold.

"Well?" I hear Maria ask.

"I can't see." I say my heart dropping.

The surgery didn't go well. It's still blank like before.

Hearing Maria and Dr Alessandro let out a laugh, "Why are you guys laughing. I can't see." I exclaim. Feeling like the laughing stock of the year like I've been half my life.

Hearing Dr Alessandro let out a cough, "Miracle, your eyes are shut very tightly. Open your eyes slowly."

Dropping my head in embarrassment, i then do what he says. Opening my eyes slowing I see a bright light hit my eyes. Seeing two blurry legs, I blink a couple of times and my eye sight comes.

Clear as a glass that's been cleaned so good that you don't realise there is a clear glass door and you walk right through it.

Looking at my feet to see nail polish on my toe nails and the colour I hate: Orange.

"Why do I have Orange toe nails?" I say looking up to see a open door with a patient opposite me in another room looking at me with a amused face.

Looking away, I search the room and stop when I see a handsome tall man around his mid to late 20's with a smile on his full lips showing the pearly white teeth and laugh lines around his dark blue eyes with a hair strand above his perfectly shaped eyebrow that has escaped his gelled black hair and a tattoo peaking from his collar that suits him.

Right beside him is Maria with her hands crossed with each other over her lips.

Hearing little giggles and hear someone whisper, "Don't tell her."

Danny!

The handsome man starts laughing and moves away to reveal Danny hiding behind him.

Bringing a smile to my lips I see Danny who runs behind Maria and wrap his arms around her waist.

Letting out a laugh, "Danny." I call out.

He moves away from Maria and gives me the biggest smile. The smile I missed seeing first thing in the morning and now with a missing front teeth. The blue eyes of his with the hint of green and yellow in them.

"You've grown so much! You aren't my little boy anymore." I whisper, tears streaming down my cheeks.

He runs towards me and crashes onto me. Wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Now you can pick me up from school." He yells in joy.

"Yes I can, but first I have to see if my car still works and I need to get used to driving again." I giggle, smoothing out his soft dark brown hair that can be mistaken for black.

"Ohh.....and we can sing and dance while going for ice cream." He jumps out of my arms and runs around the hospital room excited.

Smiling at the scene I take my chance to look around the room. White dull walls, machines all hooked up doing their jobs and the patient across still staring at me with an amused look. The hospital room looks all the same like every hospitals I've been to in the past.