Chapter 1.2 Miracle Lane

CHAPTER 1.2

"Aunty Miracle." I hear a soft whisper in my ear.

"Yes." I answered.

"I brought you food. You have to eat aunty! It's not good for you if you don't." A soft caring voice said.

"Danny, how much times do I tell you. Your mum is going to scream at you for bringing me food." I said, getting up to sit on my bed headboard with the help of Danny.

"Thank you." I thanked him.

"Aunty, I don't care what mum says. She doesn't care about me, like you do. All she thinks about is money and sex." He exclaimed. This boy is too young to know that word.

"Danny, who learnt you that word?" I scolded him.

"I heard Aunty Paige and mum talk about boys." He replied.

"Danny, your to young to know that word." I tell him.

"Aunty, I know I'm too young to know that word. But it's not my fault they talk about those kind of stuff in my front of me." He exclaimed.

"I know baby. I have been living with them for twenty-one years. They don't have manners and don't care who is around them listening." I explained to him.

"Aunty, now let's stop talking and let me feed you." He begged.

"Fine." I sighed.

He brings the spoon to my mouth and I swallow the warm liquid.

Chicken soup.

I hate it when people feed me, especially my little nephew, Danny. I always end up making a mess when I eat and I feel bad for the cleaners to clean it up. Even though I can't see the mess i make. I know I make a mess when I look around for the plate with food with my hands and end up making it fall down and the plate breaks into pieces.

When this happens all my siblings and cousins run to the kitchen or my room and scream at me for breaking the plate. Saying mean stuff, harsh stuff to me.

"You should of died in the accident."

"Why were you born. Mum should of gotten an abortion."

"Look at you. Your a mistake that shouldn't of happen. I can't believe it you're my cousin. Your a disgrace."

"And a disappointment to the family too."

What have I ever done to them? I never stole from them, bullied or made fun of them. I haven't done nothing to deserve all of this. I feel a wet substance fall down my check.

"Aunty, why are you crying?" Danny says, wiping my checks with his small fingers.

"No reason." I whispered.

"No reason? Aunty, there is a reason. What is it?" He Urged.

"You're too young to know why I'm crying." I say.

I change the subject. "What's the time, Danny." I asked him.

"The time is 5:00 o'clock." He replied.

"It's dark outside now isn't it?" I advised.

"No, aunty. It's actually day light savings. It's daytime until 9:00 o'clock." He says.

"That's good. I want to go for a walk around the neighbour hood." I tell him.

"I'll come with you." He exclaimed.

"Go ask your mum if she will let you come." I tell him.

"Okay, aunty." He says and a hint in his voice that his not excited to see his mum. Hearing his footsteps walk out of my room.