33

Kennedys Pov

I made my way up to the familiar door step, nervous for some odd reason. I swung my pale ass knuckles up to the door, knocking slightly. I brung my hand down swiftly, rubbing my sweaty palms against my pajamas.

The doorknob began to jiggle, and the pounding in my heart grew quicker. I was soon face to face with my brother, and my heart slowed down. I brung myself into his arms, hugging his torso. "Hey Kenn," He sighed. "Hey Bub," I smile weakly.

He grabbed my suitcase, leading me into the small home. "I'll take your bag up, he's in the guest bed,"Brandon mumbles. I nodded, slowly walking down the hall. I placed my hand on the doorknob, contemplating if I should turn around.

My hand thought for itself, and the door creaked open. My heart fell to my feet as I watched my grandpa lay there.

I unhurriedly walked towards the bed, sitting myself in the chair. I observed his body, and It was like he was a different person. His once tan skin was pale, almost porcelain. His once small and pudgy figure was gone, and he was as thin as ever.

A tear fell down my face as I grabbed his hand. He was fighting so hard, and I was once a person who told him to never leave us. I sighed, opening my mouth to speak. "I know I told you from day one to never quit fighting, but I wasn't thinking. I know you're hurting papa, and I don't want you to be."

"I want you to be okay, not fighting for your life to the point where you're hurting. I'm telling you know, to walk with God papa. Don't let our selfishness get in your way." I let more tears run down my face.

"All these machines and pain aren't worth it. I love you forever and I swear I won't let you be forgotten, never. I will have you with me forever, please let go," I cried hysterically.

I looked down at my lap, releasing his hand as I stood up. I kissed his forehead, exiting the guest bed. I closed the door behind me, but only to be face to face with my brother and parents.

We pulled eachother in for a hug, crying together. I'd been in LA for awhile, and this is my first time visiting home since, and it kills me that it took a damn near death to bring me here.

I rolled around in my bed, constantly looking at my phone to see if Nate had woken up and ended the facetime call.

I looked at my tv, not entertained as my eyes began falling. Once it felt impossible to keep them open, I closed them sleeping peacefully to Nate's snores.

"Kennedy, Kennedy get up!" My mom shouted, shaking my body violently. I got up from the bed, stretching, "Whats going on —"

"Your grandpa passed away," She bursted, tears streaming down her face. I sighed, pulling her into a hug as I let my eyes close. "You can go see him one last time," She mutters, exiting my room.

I ran out of my room and sprinted downstairs. The guest bed was already open so I walked in, sitting myself in the same chair.

"I'll see you soon papa, Like I said, I will never forget you," I sobbed. I stood up, exiting the guest bed. For some reason, my heart didn't hurt. I was hurt that he wouldn't be here physically anymore, but he was free of pain.

I waited outside the door for Brandon. I knew that when he came out of that room that he would be bawling his eyes out. I wanted to be there for him, he'd always been there for me.

He came out, and his bright eyes were so dull. The bags under his eyes were heavy and his hair was a mess. I held my arms out, and he flew into them, crying into my shoulder.

"I love you Bran," I whisper, kissing his forehead. "I love you too Kenn," he whispers back.