fourteen ❁

Skylar's POV

"Ciara just go by yourself," I groan looking at my book. "Do you know how many cute boys will be there?" She whines. I roll my eyes at my older sister, focusing on my work.

"Do you ever not study?" She complains. I slam my book shut, making her jump. "I'm trying to become a nurse, partying all day and night is not going to get me there," I snap. "Gosh you're so much like mom,"she muttered.

I didn't respond, as i continued studying. "I'm leaving at nine if you change your mind," She says leaving my room. I look up at the clock seeing it was 8. I stood up digging in my closet. I settled with a light pink romper and some golden flats.

I let my large curls remain down, and headed to my makeup mirror. I added some mascara and a bit of lipgloss. My door croaked open, revealing my sister. I run to the door and we leave.

I looked at my surroundings and it was pretty much your basic party. Girls half dressed, guys with no shirts, and random body shots with blaring music. I didn't know any people here, which didn't really bring out my fun party side.

"Skylar is that you?" someone asked. I whipped myself around quickly. "Neels?" I asked. He came up to me giving me a hug. "What's a pretty girl like you doing here?" He questioned. "With my sister," I responded not acknowledging his compliment.

"Well have fun," He smiles. I wave, walking in the kitchen. "Hey sis!" Ciara smiles. I just smile at her and she hands me a cup, this is gonna be a long night.

"Ciara be careful," I whispered. She was drunk off her ass and I was getting her into her room. After laying her down i went into the bathroom to take a well needed shower.

Trigger Warning

I went downstairs hoping to find a snack. A heard a key jingling, making me tense up. "Skylar!" My step-dad shouted. His pale skin came into view. "Where the hell have you and your sister been?" He shouts. "A party," I stuttered.

His hand sharply comes in contact with my face, making me whimper. "Are you fucking stupid?" He hollered. He balls his fist, swinging at my stomach, multiple times. I fall to the floor slowly. My stepdad has always been like this, But he always threatens me not to tell.

I slowly walk upstairs applying medicine to the large bruise on my stomach. I crawl into my bed, as a tear escapes my eye.