[11]

"Mabel, please-"

She scoffed. "That's the cheapest dress I've ever seen in my life. I don't know why I even have it. Next!" Waving her hand, she gestured to the maid to bring in the next dress. "[Name], you're here because I want you to be presentable."

"I have my own dresses at home, Mabel. And the third round is not that important."

"No excuses!"

You were at the Gleeful's mansion on Thursday. The last few days practically define boredom. Your mother happened to be extremely busy at the hospital. She is someone very valuable and talented to have in the whole health business. How you happened to be at the Gleeful's house was because of Mabel.

"You're lucky that my brother happened to persuade me in doing your wardrobe for the competition and your meet with my great uncle." She grumbled, holding up a gray sequined dress. "Too sparkly," she muttered in disgust and tossed it away, making her servant run over hastily to put it away.

Mabel Gleeful's exact words to you were: "Meet me outside after you get your stuff. You better do it quick," and she turned on her heel, her hair waving side to side when she suddenly appeared beside your locker at the end of the day.

You didn't know you had to go through several hours of dress picking.

"Well, if anything makes it easier, I happen to like the color red and gems," you say.

"You could wear red to the competition, but not your visit here. Blue is recommended," Mabel said. She held up a blue dress that has long sleeves. "Like?"

"It's alright-"

"It's alright-"

"Great. I like it too. I'll get your shoes. And your last dress."

"Mabel, you don't need to do everything-"

She raised her hand and you shut your mouth. "Listen to the fashion queen, [Name]. Your taste in clothes may be wonderful, but I have plenty more experience in balls, galas, formal meetings, and dances that you probably do, violin prodigy."

You couldn't argue with that.

"I don't see why you and Dipper are helping me though..." you said.

Mabel raised an eyebrow. "You still haven't noticed it yet? My brother likes you. And you're lucky that I like you too. Not in the romantic way though. I have someone else I like."

"He seems like an asshole though."

"[Name]! No cruel language in this house," she said then snickered. "I mean, that is true. My brother and I were fans of you since you started your violin career." Mabel continued. She ushered you into her closet. "Even if my brother may be mean, he does have a distinct interest in you." She held up a pair of silver flats. "Interested?"

 "Interested?"