[17]

You couldn't get rid of the constant rapid beating of your heart the day after. All the thoughts in your head turned to "ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod." You paced back and forth, cradling your head, in the Gleefuls' living room. 

You don't know if you should laugh or scream. Dipper looked handsome for once. Well he already is- you shake your head quickly, banishing the thought. You like him. You knew you like him but you didn't want to believe it. Taking a deep breath, you exhaled.

This is hardly like the minor incident you had at your first concert. All you had was the stage fright. At least you made it through, but this, this is nothing like that. Love and crushes is something that you're not good at. Even your mom knows that you've never had a boyfriend in your entire life! Keep calm, [Name], it's to like he's going to-

"[Name], are you alright? You look frazzled," Dipper said behind you, smirking. He was sitting on the arm of chair. "I know it's early, but it's way too early in the day." You jumped and scowled at him. At least his smirks make you annoyed instead of having you blush deep red.

Dipper was wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans, sipping a cup of coffee. You looked up at the antique clock on the wall. The hands indicate that it's 6:30 in the morning.

"Couldn't sleep," you mumbled, dropping into one of the couches. "Why are you awake this early?" 

He shrugged. "Couldn't stand staying in bed, motionless. Felt like doing something active."

You rolled your eyes. "Says the one who doesn't even participate in gym."

Dipper chuckled. "It's because I don't need to. I'm already fit." He took another sip of his coffee. "Well, since we're bored, would you like to meet my Stanford now? He's probably also awake."

"Who says I'm bored?" You shot back. "I mean, who wouldn't want to think of their life's mistakes by pacing back and forth in this room that probably contains a worth of a million items?" You smirked. "But yes, I would love to meet your great uncle." Bringing yourself up, stood up, awaiting his next step. "Lead the way."

His face twisted into something abnormal, before he bursted out laughing. "Oh," he wiped away a tear, "please don't do that ever again. It's not like you."

"Waking up early in the morning makes me feel energetic," you muttered.

"Alright, come on. He's in the basement," Dipper said, returning your reply with a smirk. You flinched as he reached for your hair, combing it out with his unoccupied hand. "You should really brush your hair. It's in tangles. It wouldn't make a good first impression."

You crossed your arms at that, despite the fact that you felt your face turning pink, and looked away. "God, you're insufferable."

"And yet you still tolerate me," Dipper said. Sighing, you batted his hand away. "It's fine."

He clicked his tongue in disapproval. "If you say so," Dipper said. 

***

The basement of the mansion was not what you expected.

It was cleaner, and the floor is covered with the same colored wood from the floors above. There were statues of supposedly past Gleeful ancestors and a large variety of paintings.

Dipper led you to one of the doors, and when you both entered, you were surprised with several bookcase filled with thick novels, a desk covered with papers and sheet music, and the instruments that were laid on the floor in the corner. Stanford Gleeful was already waiting for them, his greeting was silent but you were already comforted by his genuine smile. You've always thought that he was strict and stern because of the many newspapers that had taken interviews of him. The Gleefuls' are sour on the outside but sweet on the inside.