[14]

warning: violence happens in this chapter, read with caution. i tried making it as vague as possible but it is an important component in the plot.

The Gleefuls' dining room is enormous. 

The roof was so high and it was made of glass so you could see pale blue sky with clouds swimming across it. You bet that it looks beautiful during the night, where the stars shine the best. Attached to the roof was the largest glass chandelier you've ever seen, adorned with small sapphire gems which sparkled in the daylight.

In the middle of the entire room was a long rectangular-shaped mahogany table with a white laced table runner. In the center was a vase filled with blue hydrangeas. The table was already set with plates, glasses, and utensils for breakfast.

Mabel Gleeful brought you over to one end of the table. A kingly-looking chair sat on the shorter end- probably for one of their great uncles. You were unsure of the presence of younger Gleeful twins' parents, but you excused the thought. The chairs on the long end were less complicated than the king chair but nonetheless looked elegant.

"You'll sit next to Dipper, since he was the one who brought you here. I'll be sitting in front of you. My great uncle Stanley is busy so he won't be joining us. And Stanford will be waiting in the basement for us," Mabel said.

"The basement?"

"It's where all the weird things go on in our house." How strange, but Reverse Falls and the people that live there are weird in general, so it's expected. 

"So, where did Dipper go? And his wound..." You asked the female Gleeful.

"He went to check up on something." Mabel shrugged. "He wouldn't tell me the details, but he'll be here soon. And he's okay. He healed himself pretty quickly."

You leaned forward on the table, resting your head on your hand. You had a bad feeling around Allison, Dipper, Pacifica, and Gideon. You don't know what, but they're all connected in something... bigger. You also guessed that the amulet can unlock powers that make the user... godly.

"My mom's not that worried, right?" You say, changing the topic.

She nodded. "I went with Dipper to your house, I just wanted to check it out."

"And about the competition..."

Mabel sighed. "Because of what happened yesterday, we're unsure about what to do, but Dipper insisted on giving you the prize money. I mean, you would've won anyways since my brother told me about your favor. And the debt you owed."

"I still have at least $400,000 left to pay off. The thing is, I do not know what my father owes." You bit your lip. "I've been looking through the files he left after he died. All I know is that he committed suicide when I was 4, and whatever happened before he kill himself is unknown. Not even my mother knows about the business he dealt with."

"Wait, you've been trying to pay off this debt for at least 12 years?" Mabel asked you seriously. "How much was the original?"

"Well, I think it started off at 2 million."

Mabel gasped. "Holy shit," she coughed, "excuse me." She looked at you determined. "Since you're a favorite of the Gleefuls, we'll help you out. And find out who you guys are being targeted by," she proclaimed. "May I ask how you even managed to pay off that debt?"

"My mom's a doctor who earns a reasonable amount of money and I've been participating in competitions that give the winner prize money. Also, I've worked in some small businesses as part-time jobs." You stroked your chin. "Honestly, the way we deliver the money is by shipping it to an address across the country. My mom and I didn't dare go to the address since it may be risky."