[16]

Your mind felt scrambled. There were so many thoughts going through there and you wrapped your arms around you tighter. You were sitting in one of the chairs of the Gleefuls' living room which was right by the main doors. It was currently midnight, and Dipper and Mabel hasn't arrived yet with your mother. Sighing, you knew that you should be sleeping by now, but you intended to stay awake until they came.

Pacifica had to carry her cousin to bed since Gideon fell asleep the moment he hit the couch. It's nice to have family close.

The crackling fire of the fireplace was the only thing that made you feel alive, burning bright, fueled with determination, and using the despairing moments- such as the kindling- to make yourself stronger. If only you had your violin right now, to calm down your fear. You still haven't found the Gleefuls' music room sadly.

You lifted the hood of your sweatshirt over your head and tightened the strings to encase your head in the fabric. All of a sudden, you could hear the creak of a door, through the fabric and immediately rushed over to the main doors of the mansion.

Mom?

What you saw took your breath away and you covered your mouth in shock. Dipper came in, who was struggling to carry Mabel who was suffering from a large wound across her chest. Dipper spotted you and hissed, "Don't just stand there, get Will!"

Startled by his anger, you whimpered. "But I don't know where he is-"

"I'm here," said a voice behind you, softly. Even if it were a whisper, you could tell it was Will. He took away Dipper's burden and carried Mabel within his arms. "I will take her to her room," Will says and right before your eyes, the air that surrounds Will and Mabel seems to be disturbed- like how the heat of fire mixes with cold air and causes it to mix and swirl. Then they disappeared in a literal blink.

You took a step back, then a few more until you fell into a sofa. What just happened seemed to be fake- it must be a dream! You pinched yourself just for the sake of it, and you felt yourself fill with despair to confirm that it was reality.

Dipper groaned, pushing his hair back. And for the first time in forever, you noticed his birthmark on his forehead, illuminating in the light of the fire. It was shaped like the Big Dipper. That's how he got his name...

"Yes, it is." You jolted at his sudden remark. You've forgotten that Dipper has mind-reading powers.

"Where were you guys, and where is my mother?" You asked him softly.

He took a seat next to you by the sofa you were sitting at. "Your mother wasn't at your house. Instead, a person in a black mask was waiting. It took us by surprise, and we managed to escape before getting hit by more damage by the assassin's long knife," he said in disgust. "It was obviously a man when he gave us a warning: 'Ally will let us kill you if you get involved.'"

"Ally..." You whispered. Allison. What was her plan with your mom? But you had a more important question. "Who is Will?"

Dipper greeted you with his blue eyes, sparkling in the light. "He's a demon."

"A-A demon!" You gripped the arm rests. "That's not possible."

"Everything's possible in Reverse Falls."

"But, aren't demons evil?"

"You can't believe anything that humanity writes about. 'Demons have horns, tails, red skin, and lives in Hell.' Wrong." He touched his bolo tie, tracing the outline of the gem. "We, Gleefuls especially, know that because we associate with demons, magic, and the paranormal everyday. We aren't what most people expect. Don't ask any more questions about that."

You bit your lip in frustration. "Will told me that my mother was here and that you were going to tell me that my friends were here when you came back. Why?"

"Will has the power of foresight. And he would've told you that because I told him to keep you positive. Turns out it backfired. Besides, I thought you were going to stick in your room like a depressed and annoying child."

You glared at him. "I am not depressed and I'm not a child, you idiot. I'm worried."

"Well, why don't you stick your nose in everything?" He dared you, his anger flaring. "Oh, it looks like you already did."

"I want to be involved! I want to help who I care about."

"Oh, sure, go ahead! Sacrifice yourself for the ones you love but it's not going to fix anything," he snarled. "I now realize that it's too dangerous for you to even be here because out there," he pointed at the window, "they're going to rip you apart."

"Why do you care?" You say, tears starting to break through your vulnerable shell.

"It's because I care about you."

It feels like your heart stopped at that moment, as if reality shattered like glass. You wiped away your tears with your sleeve, hardening yourself. "Then let me do this, let me help you. I hate being a burden." You grabbed his hand tightly, forcing him to look you in the eye.

Dipper ripped his hand away from you. "You don't know me," he whispers. "You don't know me at all. You don't know what you're getting into."

"We could fix that."

"You'll hate me when you know the truth."

"I don't care," you said, firmly. "I don't care if I'm in danger as long as I'm with the people I care about."

Dipper looked away from you. "Fine. So be it. Do as you like. As long as I- my family and I," he corrected himself, "agree that it's reasonable to bring you into this mess. I owe you an apology about my sudden outburst. And a special meeting with my great uncles."

You ruffled his hair and he looked at you in surprise. "I care about you too," you say, looking straight at his blue eyes. Taking that moment as your escape, you ran off, heading towards the staircase and to your room.

At least you know where your room is or things would be terribly awkward.