[18]

hello my lovely readers who happen to still remember this book-- elaine here and i'm still alive.

i don't want to get in to what happened between last summer and now but i just felt the need to finish this book and get right onto it.

just a reminder: there might be plot holes (aren't there some already?) and maybe some incorrect information. i would also like to add that there might be some typos or grammatical errors since i won't be editing that thoroughly.

i probably have forgotten some stuff but don't worry i'll try to look things over owo

thank you so much for waiting suuuch a long time though! i appreciate it :)

***
a filler chapter. or is it...?
***

"You want to use me as bait."

"Correct. But I'll be by your side," Dipper responded.

"Okay, let me clear things up. You Gleefuls are hosting a winter gala to celebrate Christmas," you said, "and you want me to persuade Grace to come with me? Because I'm too afraid to perform a mini concert on my own?"

"Correct again."

"What about Pacifica and Gideon?" You asked.

"They will be making sure you do things right. The whole mission is to lure Grace, capture her, and hold her hostage to find the location of your mother, and find out her master plan. Grace's father's could either be missing or dead but we should find that out too.

"If Grace advances on you or if any disguised attackers take one step forward, I'll be there. Things would get out of control but we'll get the same outcome."

You sighed. "Great."

"Aw, sweetheart. All you have to do is play that mini concert with your little violin and then lead her away from the main ballroom," Dipper said, smirking. He tightened his bolo tie. "Well, duty calls. Mabel and I have to plan the gala while our great uncle Ford and his idiotic brother Stan head to a business meeting over in Europe."

"And what would I do? Stay here, all alone because being by myself outside would make me vulnerable?" You said, dryly.

"Correct once again, [Name]." Dipper chuckled. "You're getting smarter."

"I swear--"

He already left the room.

***

You were forced to explore more of the Gleeful mansion.

You kicked a ceramic flower pot in frustration, a little too hard though since it broke into several pieces.

"Oh dear," said Will fretfully as he popped into existence. He waved his hand and the flower pot and the soil disappeared in a blink of an eye.

"Hey, Will. Nice to see someone actually doing something," you grumbled and continued walking.

"Young Master Gleeful ordered me to keep you safe inside the mansion," Will said in a small voice. He was just floating an inch behind you and you could barely hear him.

You sighed. "Of course he did."

Passing through several plain rooms on the first floor, you finally find a strange doorway in the hallway. It had a strange metal number hanging on it but you couldn't read the number because it strangely was blurring out when you kept your eye on it.

"Will, what is this?" You asked. The door piqued your interest for some reason. It felt like it was trying to pull you in but you restrained yourself.