[13]

It was awfully quiet when you opened your eyes.

Despite the throbbing pain, you brought yourself upright on the black bed that you were laying down on. You groaned as a wave of nausea came over you. Everything was fuzzy in your vision, and you blinked multiple times to get rid of the spots of blackness.

You could see that you were in a quite familiar navy blue room that belongs in the Gleeful mansion. But why on Earth were you even there?

Sighing, you rubbed your eyes and rolled over to the side of the bed only to meet a sleeping male Gleeful. Dipper? you wondered, confused.

Suddenly, you widened your eyes in shock and quickly patted down your body and sighed in relief. Your dress was still on from the previous night, but your mask wasn't.

He slept in a chair beside the black bed, dark circles visible under his closed eyes. You curiously reached for him and poked him in the chest. Repeatedly.

Dipper's eye twitched and lazily slapped at your hand. "Five more minutes..." He mumbled.

"I don't want to wait five more minutes, Dipper," you hissed at him, continuing to poke at him. Anger suddenly flared inside you. You wanted answers on why you were, supposedly, in his bedroom- until the brief few moments before you were knocked out came to you, pushing against the locked door in your head before barging in. You slowly stopped jabbing him in the chest.

Mason, the boy with black hair and a gray mask saved you from a mysterious gunshot.

You sucked in a breath. Where was he if he saved you?

"You done?" Dipper opened an eye, startling you.

"God..." You curled up into a ball. "What happened when I asleep?" Your voice was muffled.

"Well, I rescued you from the sudden attack-"

"You rescued me?" You say, bewildered. "I'm pretty sure this guy named Mason- well, that's probably not his name- rescued me. Not you."

He froze. Then he laughed, looking away from you. "Of course. You were lucky."

You narrowed your eyes at him. "Oh no, this conversation is not over until you clear things up." You veer towards him and jabbed him hard on the chest again. "Why am I here if the guy, Mason, saved me? Why aren't I at home?"

Dipper winced at that and sighed. "[Name], it's probably not the best time-"

"It is the best time!" You exclaimed. "Today's the perfect day to reveal everything! Even your sister said so."

Standing up and rubbing his eyes, he untied his bolo tie which had his gem attached and placed it gently on the nightstand beside the bed. Before your eyes, Dipper's appearance completely changed.

"This is what you wanted, right [Name]?" Dipper demanded. "You probably like this form better than the other," he said in disgust. He turned to the side, ashamed.

"Mason," you whisper. It was him. The black-haired boy from the masked competition. Connecting the invisible dots, it's been awfully clear that Dipper was Mason. You mentally facepalmed yourself. Their appearance, their violin playing.

"Mason's my real name," he mumbled. "That's one thing that hasn't been lied about."

"Why do you change when you take off your amulet?" You softly asked, eyeing the blue gem.

"Magic has a price, you know," he smoothed back his hair and slumped back into his chair. "The more... vile things you do, your appearance turns darker. The amulet returns my normal look if I wear it."