Chapter 33 Memories

After they took Cecilia Away I continued to walk torwards The tower of Babel
I could now see it In the distance as It was only about half a mile away from me....

Seeing it up close was even more stunning than seeing It from afar.
I could now make our more details on it, For example It had Clear vomitoriums and auditoriums on its side which gave it a more "grand" look.
The Tower also had writing on its side. I couldnt read it outright but it was clearly Latin.
(Interesting) I thought as I continued towards it.

The sand wind around began to grow as I approached the tower... it was almost like nature itself was telling me to "turn back". But regardless I continued forward.

It was at this point I started to think about the journey so far and about my mother.....
I remembered when I was little and how she would comfort me...

[Flashback]
November 5th 2046

*CRAACCCK*
a loud thunderstorm could be heard frlm outside as lilith covered her her with her pillow.

"*sniff* Why...."
She could be heard crying from outside and her mother entered in to check on her.....

"Lilith? Are you okay?" Amy asked.
"....*sniff*" lilith didnt answer and kept on weeping.
"Are you scared of the thunderstorm?" Amy asked.
"N-No..." Lilith answered.
"What the matter then?"
"I miss daddy....." lilith cried.
"Oh sweetie...." amy hugged lilith pulling her close to her chest.
"It'll be alright....." she tried to comfort lilith but to no avail.

"*sniff*" she wept again.
"...." Amy got up and left the tent.
This only caused lilith to cry more and curl up into a fetal position.

"Wahhh...." she cried.
*flip* The flap to her tent opened. Amy had come back with a Long box in her hand.
Lilith looked up and saw it.
"*sniff* Whats that mommy?" She asked.
"Its a present From your father."
Amy put the box in front of lilith.
"How? Isnt daddy dead-"
"Your father told me to give this to you right before he passed away. I was going to wait until you were older... but now seems like's the perfect time." Her mother said.

"...." Lilith was silent and nervous, she didnt know what to do
"Go ahead. Open it." Her mother told her.
Lilith slowly put her hands on the box and lifted up the seal. What she saw inside filled her with hope.
"This is-!"
"Yes it's your father's sword - Excalibur"

Lilith looked at the sword in awe. She couldnt believe her father would give her such an important gift.

"M-Mom! Are you sure its okay for me to have this....?" Lilith asked.
"Of course. It was your fathers dying wish." Amy replied.
"*sniff* Thanks mom! You're the best!" Lilith hugged her mother with ferocity of two tigers.
Their mother-daughter bond was now closer than ever before.

{End of flashback}

".... Good times."

Those memories flowed through Lilith's mind as she approached the tower. It filled her with hope and her destiny as she soon with right in front of the tower of babel......