Chapter Seven: Roman's Engagement

Fernando had refused to tell Analisa anything about Morgana and had made her swear that she wouldn’t contact the blonde; which made Analisa even more curious about why the werewolf was nervous about her.

The brunette was currently preparing for her aunt’s annual cocktail party to celebrate the day that Roman became super-rich; Fernando was watching her intently as she dressed in an embellished waist black/cream bodycon bandeau dress paired with black suede platforms.

“Nando?” the brunette asked softly, she could tell that there was something bothering him about tonight; it would be the first time that the two of them had been out in the public eye together tonight.

“It’s nothing amor,” Fernando said reassuring the brunette, he wasn’t looking forward to watching his mate spend time with other males; he didn't like the idea of not being able to protect her.

Analisa turned to face him, her brown eyes searching his face concerned wondering what he was keeping from her; she knew that whatever was bothering him was probably important.

“If there was something wrong you would tell me?” Analisa asked worried making Fernando pull her into his arms, he could sense that what he was hiding from her was worrying her; he didn't need her to panic over nothing.

“I promise, if there is anything wrong I will tell you,” Fernando said making Analisa offer him a weak smile, she knew that he was trying to protect her but she would rather know than be surprised.

However before the brunette could speak there was a knock at the door; the werewolf glared at the door for a moment then he slipped out of sight allowing Analisa to summon the person who had knocked.

***

Analisa forced a smile as she pretended to listen to what William Smith III had to say, she disliked the American since he shared the same ideals as her uncle; who seemed pleased to see Analisa with William.

Irena was in attendance with her fiancé and was a little jealous that William was talking with Analisa, who seemed bored of listening to what the man had to say.

Fernando watched her life a hawk, he hated how William was able to touch her; it was clear that he wanted Analisa and that he thought that he had rights to her, however the brunette belonged to him and always would.

“Fernando,” Oriol said surprised to see the werewolf again, he tilted his head making the older werewolf smile at him; he hadn’t left Analisa’s room since he had come to her ownership and he only managed to get word through the others by speaking with the security werewolves.

“It’s good to see you again Oriol… how have you been treated?” Fernando asked as he glanced over at Analisa, his eyes scanned her figure for a moment before he turned his attention back to Oriol, who watched him curiously.

“My master is horrible… he’s very spoilt,” Oriol murmured as one of the human security guards passed making them fall silent for a moment before Fernando nodded his head as he looked over at Nicolas, who was pouting at his mother.

“How are you?” Oriol asked curiously as he glanced over at Analisa, he had heard rumours about the brunette; Fernando had ensured that he had the other wolves watching her when he couldn't.

Most had been shocked that the mating instinct had reawaken after all of these years, they had never thought that one of them would find their mates; so Fernando finding Analisa had created a lot of hope for those around them.

“I’m fine,” the older werewolf said making Oriol nod his head as they looked at Analisa, who seemed desperate to rid herself of William; he seemed clingy and it was clear that he had feelings for her.

“Have you heard from the rebellion?” Oriol asked softly making Fernando nod his head, it was part of the things that he had kept from Analisa; the time was fast approaching where there would be a change in the world.

“Everything is nearly ready,” Fernando murmured as Roman called to attention the human’s in attendance; Oriol looked relieved at this news, the sooner the werewolves took over the better.

“I have some wonderful news to share with you this evening,” Roman said making Analisa look at her uncle wondering what was going on; Irena flashed her a smile as William wrapped an arm around Analisa's waist.

Lorelei smiled at her husband as she rested a hand on their son’s shoulder.

“William has asked me for Analisa’s hand in marriage and I have consented,” Roman announced making people clap their hands and look at the couple.

Analisa looked faint as she stared at her uncle while William grinned as he looked at his fiancée; he was pleased with himself for getting Roman agree to him marrying Analisa.

Fernando stared furiously as he realised that Analisa would marry the human if something wasn’t done soon; he watched as she tried to keep herself calm, it would only end badly if she acted out here.

Oriol looked at the older werewolf; he could see Fernando struggling to control himself with the idea that the human thought that he was good enough for his mate.

“Don’t shift… it won’t do anyone any good,” Oriol said as he watched the dark look that built in Fernando’s eyes, he had a feeling that the werewolf wasn’t going to let Roman or William get away with this.

***

Analisa closed her eyes as she shut her bedroom door behind her, she didn't have to look at Fernando to know that he was seething about what her uncle had done.

“I won’t let you marry him,” the werewolf snarled as he paced the room while Analisa removed her black platforms; she glanced at him waiting for him to calm down.

“He had no right to give away your hand in marriage,” Fernando spat as he tried to calm himself before he did something that he would later regret; he didn't want to take his anger out on Analisa, she was the victim of her uncle’s cruelty.

“But he does… as my legal guardian, he had the right to choose me a husband, even if I don’t want the man he had chosen,” the brunette said making Fernando look at her; she looked so broken and it killed him inside to see her like this.

The werewolf sighed as he moved to her side and pulled her into his arms, Analisa didn't waste another moment before she burst into tears; she couldn't believe that this was happening.

If she was married to William then she could never be with Fernando, he was her soul mate and the man that she loved; she would do anything to be with him.

“I don’t want him… I want you,” Analisa said as Fernando closed his eyes, the rebellion couldn't happen quick enough; he wasn’t going to lose his mate to a human, who didn't deserve her.

“He won’t have you… I’ll think of something Ana, I won’t let him take you from me,” Fernando said as he pulled back slightly and looked into her brown eyes which were filled with tears; he didn't care what it took, he wasn’t going to let Roman marry her off to William.