Chapter Thirty: Fight for This Love

Fernando sighed as he watched his wife sleep, it had been a week since they had been reunited again and he didn't know what to do anymore; it was clear that Analisa was going to get over the fact that his father had been the one to kill her parents.

The werewolf wasn’t sure how he would cope when his wife asked him to separate from her, he didn't want to bring it up himself in hopes that she might come around.

Glancing over at the twins, he hoped for their sake that Analisa wouldn’t end their marriage; he had tried everything to try and win her around but the brunette kept on pushing him away.

Silently walking over to the twins, he smiled down at them softly.

“I will do whatever it takes to make your mama love me again,” Fernando said gently so that he didn't wake his wife; his heart ached at not being able to be close with Analisa and the werewolf wasn’t sure how much more rejecting their marriage could take.

“If I can’t save our marriage, then I want you both to know that I love you both so much and I love your Madre as well,” Fernando said brokenly as his thoughts started to turn down a dark path; he already knew what he would do if he lost Analisa.

Fernando closed his eyes as he listened to their heartbeats for a moment, he choked back the sob that formed in his throat before he turned his attention to Analisa; he carefully moved towards her wondering if she’d ever be able to look at him the same again.

“I love you Ana,” Fernando said softly as tears filled his eyes, his heart ached as he watched her; he knew that he wasn’t going to live long if he lost her.

***

Analisa sighed as she ran a hand through her hair as she smiled down sadly at the twins, she knew that she couldn't allow this to continue; the brunette wanted her husband back and she knew that she’d have to make the first move.

Analisa swallowed as she tried to think of what she could say that make things up to Fernando, she had been horrible to him in the last week and if she didn't do something now then she knew that she’d lose him.

“Ana,” Fernando said softly as he entered the bedroom making the brunette stiffen as all the emotions came crawling back; she couldn't help the emotions that Fernando now invoked when he spoke to her, his father had murdered her parents and no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't seem to get passed that.

“I was wondering if you wanted to spend some time together… Madre has offered to have the twins for a while,” Fernando said as he carefully approached his wife, he could see the tension that rolled off of her when he spoke and it pained him that he caused her to be like this.

Fernando blinked back tears as he waited for a response that he knew that he wasn’t going to get.

“Tell me what you want me to do Ana… I’ll do anything por favor, if you want a divorce then just say the word,” he begged her.

Analisa stood frozen as she heard her husband speak, her heart ached as she listened to the pain in his voice but her voice was caught in her throat.

“I will do anything Ana but I can’t go on like this anymore,” Fernando said as he felt his world collapsing around him, he had offered her a chance to escape and now he feared that she would take it.

However the last thing that Fernando expected was for his wife to breakdown, he stared at her taken back as she sobbed softly in front of him; the werewolf carefully approached his wife before he pulled her into his arms.

Fernando almost felt relieved when she didn't stop him from getting closer to her, he drew her closer as she sobbed into his chest; the sudden tension from the past week becoming too much for both of them.

“It’s okay Ana,” Fernando said softly as he held the brunette close, his body sang as he finally got to touch her after a week of nothing; she cuddled into his chest, she couldn't believe that she could have lost him.

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry,” Analisa cried as Fernando tried to calm her, he knew that she hadn't meant to push him away and that she’d needed time to adjust to the idea that she had married the son of the man that had taken her parents from her.

“It’s okay Ana… no matter what happens; you’ll always have me,” Fernando said as he moved to sit them both down on the bed, his body suddenly feeling exhausted as he realised just how much this had taken it’s toll on him and he didn't know how much more he could have taken.

“It’s not, I’ve been horrible to you,” Analisa said as she clung to Fernando, she didn't know what she would do if she lost him; the werewolf nuzzled his head against hers as he tried to calm her.

Fernando couldn't help but smile a little as he realised that there was a chance that they could survive this; he knew that it would take time for them to be able to repair the damage to their relationship.

“I can’t lose you Nando,” Analisa said making Fernando carefully make her look at him, he wiped away her tears before he kissed her softly; he held her close as they kissed knowing that this was what he had been waiting for.

“You will never lose me Ana,” Fernando said as he tried to comfort her, he watched as doubt filled her eyes before Fernando kissed her again; he knew how delicate their relationship was right now and he wanted to make sure that she knew just how much he loved her.

“I love you so much,” Fernando said shaking his head before he kissed her, his hands held her close knowing he would be best keeping her away from his father; he wasn’t about to allow him to ruin this for him.

***

“He wants me to stay away from his wife and children,” José said softly as he looked at his only daughter and wife, he hadn't seen Fernando all day and he had been curious about what he had been up to.

Maria Paz nodded her head as she watched her father, she could understand why Fernando had asked them to keep him away from his family; his marriage was on the line and if José hovered around then it could push Analisa into ending their marriage.

“José… Analisa is still upset about what happened and it will take her time to adjust to the idea of what you did,” Flori said as she looked at her husband, she hoped her husband would listen to their youngest son’s request and wouldn’t do anything stupid that could cost Fernando his marriage.

“We haven’t seen him in twenty-two years and now I’m being asked to stay away,” José demanded furiously making his daughter and wife look at him warily, they had a feeling that he wouldn’t be happy about what Fernando had requested but they hadn't thought that he would take it like this.

“How dare she come into my home and take my son away from me,” José spat angrily as he realised that if it wasn’t for Analisa then Fernando wouldn’t have requested that he stay away; he wanted to get to know his grandchildren and spend more time with Fernando in hopes of convincing him to stay in Spain with the family.

However it slowly dawned on him that if he wanted that to happen then he’d have to get rid of Analisa.