Chapter Nine: Werewolf and Mate

Analisa wrapped her arms around Fernando as they kissed, he held her close as they stumbled towards the bed; they had just returned from the wedding and Fernando was eager to make sure that she was claimed before the night was over.

“I love you,” Analisa said as Fernando unzipped her dress, the brunette carefully unbuttoned his shirt; she didn't know where he had gotten the clothes from but she knew that he’d be in trouble for wearing them.

“Te amo,” Fernando replied making Analisa smile, it was rare that he spoke in his native tongue to her; he was starting to do it more now than he had ever done since they had met.

The werewolf kissed her again, his hands slowly removing her dress allowing it to pool at her feet; the newlyweds moved back towards the bed, Fernando had every intention of spending the night making love to his mate, his wife.

Analisa ran her fingers through Fernando’s short hair; she briefly wondered what he had looked like before he had become a slave.

“Don’t think,” Fernando murmured as he kissed down her neck, he knew that her mind was drifting as her fingers traced the mark that lay on his arm; he couldn't wait to have it removed from his skin permanently.

“I’m sorry,” Analisa murmured as she traced her uncle’s mark that was burned into his skin, Fernando nuzzled his head against hers as he comforted her for a moment.

“You have nothing to be sorry for… no needle shall ever unwillingly touch my skin again,” the werewolf murmured as he looked into her brown eyes, he knew that she blamed herself for what had happened to him.

The brunette pushed herself up slightly and rested her head against his, she knew what was coming and she feared what this meant for them.

“How long left until the rebellion?” Analisa asked she hadn’t been able to see when the attack might happen but she feared that it wouldn’t come soon enough; Fernando kissed her softly, he knew what his mate was thinking.

“In the next two full moons,” he murmured as he kissed down her neck, Analisa closed her eyes as tilted her head back; it was now the middle of July which meant that they would have to wait until the end of August.

“It’ll be okay,” Fernando said as he kissed back to her lips, Analisa watched him for a moment; she didn't know what it was but she had a feeling that he was wrong.

***

Waking the next morning, Analisa blinked her eyes open as she lay next to Fernando; she hated to think what her uncle would do if he ever discovered that she had married the werewolf, she knew it wouldn’t end well.

The brunette closed her eyes as she listened to Fernando’s comforting purr, as he held her closer to his chest; Analisa now bore his mark and he wasn’t going to let anything happen to her.

They lay silent for a moment, listening to people outside of their haven; the couple knew that this was the only way they could be together until the rebellion had won.

“Mañana,” Fernando murmured as he kissed down her neck again, he didn't want to waste any time with her; he nuzzled her neck slightly as his ears perked knowing that they had to be careful, they couldn't be discovered.

“Morning,” Analisa whispered as she turned to face him, he brushed some hair from her face before he kissed her lips; the brunette wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her naked body to his.

The couple remained that way for a while, Fernando smiled into the kiss as he moved to hover over his wife; he knew what this meant for the world, Analisa was the first mate to be taken in over ten years and it created hope for the rest of his kind.

“My aunt and uncle will be back tonight,” Analisa said as they rested side by side, she glanced at Fernando who was trailing a hand up and down her side; she knew that they would have to be careful when they returned.

Fernando closed his eyes as he rested his head against hers; he knew that they wouldn’t be able to do this a lot when her aunt and uncle returned, they would never understand what had happened between the couple and would kill Fernando.

“We’ll have to be careful… and you’ll have to hold your temper,” Analisa said as she looked at him, Fernando frowned as he looked at her; he knew what she was talking about, once her aunt and uncle returned the focus would be moved back to her wedding to William.

Analisa kissed his lips as a hand moved along his jaw, she deepened the kiss as Fernando drew her close; he knew that her family would push for a wedding but he hoped that they would wait several months which meant that the rebellion would take place before then.

“I won’t let him have you,” the werewolf said possessively making Analisa smile softly as she looked at him, she knew that he wasn’t going to like the talk that would fill the manor for the next few weeks.

***

Analisa frowned as she watched her aunt and uncle enter their home, she stood watching as they greeted their son; she felt sick as she watched them grin at one another and then at her.

The brunette was dressed in a purple blouse with detail front and drop neck and black peg trousers with pleat front paired with black ankle strap court shoes; she stepped down from the steps as her uncle summoned her forward.

Analisa didn't have to look behind her to know that Fernando was watching her from the shadows, he watched her closely as she ducked her head in a small bow to her aunt and uncle.

“We have some good news for you Analisa,” Roman said smirking at his niece, he moved closer to her making Fernando snarl softly under his breath; he didn't like where this was going and had a horrible feeling about what the Russian was about to say.

“We have decided a date for your wedding to William,” Roman said making his wife smile as she hugged Nicolas, who looked at his father and cousin curiously.

Analisa licked her lips wondering how long she would have until she was forced into marriage with William, Lorelei grinned as she waited for his husband to tell the brunette the news.

“You will be wed to William on the 24th of August,” Roman announced making Analisa stare at him stunned, her legs felt weak and she wasn’t sure how she remained standing as she felt sick.

Fernando felt numb as he listened to what Roman had announced, he could see the other wolves around him looking at him but he didn't care.

The rebellion of the werewolves would come too late to save Analisa from her arranged marriage to William; the werewolf snarled softly under his breath, he wasn’t going to allow his wife to marry another man.

Roman and Lorelei walked away talking happily about the arrangement that had been made; they didn't notice the devastated look that filled Analisa’s face as she watched them leave.

The brunette felt tears fill her eyes as she turned and looked at Fernando, she knew that there was no way that he could save her from what her uncle had planned; the rebellion wouldn’t be able to save her.