Chapter Ten: Choosing Sides

Fernando frowned as he watched his wife dress for her birthday party, the one that she hadn’t wanted to have in the first place; the brunette was wearing a purple maxi dress with wrap front and thigh split paired with black heeled sandals.

“I don’t want to do this anymore than you do,” Analisa murmured as she turned to look at Fernando; it was now the nineteenth of July and it had been five days since the couple had married.

The werewolf hadn’t been able to settle since it had been announced that she was to marry William before the rebellion could take place.

“I can’t watch you pretend to love him… these last few days have been killing me,” Fernando said as he cupped his wife’s face, his brown eyes searching hers as she sighed and rested her head against his; she had spent every moment that she had with William so that her wedding could be organised.

Fernando wasn’t sure that he could watch her being forced to spend time with William, it was clear to anyone who looked at her that she didn't want to marry him; it didn't matter that he was a Billionaire.

“I love you,” Analisa said as she trailed her hands through his hair which was slowly starting to grow back from the short back and sides that he’d had.

“Te amo Ana,” Fernando replied as he kissed her, he wasn’t sure what he would do when the wedding came; he hated to think what would happen if he had to watch her marry William.

***

Analisa forced a smile as she greeted Irena, who was with her own fiancé for the party; the brunette smirked as she glanced at William, she was pleased to see her best friend finally settling down.

The billionaire wrapped his arm back around Analisa’s waist as pulled her back to his side, the brunette felt sick just having him touch her; she knew that Fernando was watching and that he wouldn’t be happy about this.

“I can’t believe you are finally twenty-six,” Irena cooed making Analisa nod her head, she wanted to slap William as his hand dropped lower; she could almost hear Fernando snarl from his place hidden in the shadows.

The brunette glanced at her husband, his eyes focused on the arm that belonged to William that was wrapped around her waist; she swallowed as a feral look filtered through his eyes.

“Excuse me,” Analisa said making William nod, he kissed her cheek as she moved away from him; the brunette wasn’t sure how much more her werewolf would be able to take before he did something that would cause a lot of trouble.

The brunette headed out of the ballroom, she knew that she had to find somewhere private or they’d be caught; Analisa knew what was going to happen when they were alone.

Stepping into one of the empty rooms away from the ballroom, Analisa licked her lips as she waited a moment before Fernando entered the room; she swallowed as she realised that he wasn’t in complete control.

“I’m okay Nando,” the brunette said softly in an attempt to reassure him, however she knew this time that there would be no talking him out of what he had planned for her.

Fernando kissed her passionately, he was relying on his brothers to distract anyone that would come their way and hopefully they wouldn’t be discovered; the werewolves of the manor had vowed to protect Analisa until the rebellion and help keep the secret quiet and away from human ears.

His hands moved to the back of thighs and force them up and around his waist, Analisa swallowed as her back met with the wall; she should have known that he would want to leave his scent on her in every way possible.

“We have to be quick,” Analisa breathed as his lips moved down her neck, she moaned softly as he moved her panties out of the way; she closed her eyes and tilted her head back knowing just what he wanted from her.

***

Trying to level her breathing, Analisa rested her head against Fernando’s as he carefully lowered her to the floor; the brunette leant against the wall to hold her weight, while Fernando panted as he tried to recover.

“You okay?” the werewolf asked making his mate nod her head as she watched him, she should have known that he would want to remind her that she was his; he disliked how much William had been touching her and wanted to make sure that she knew that she was his wife and mate.

“I’m okay… didn't expect you to do that,” Analisa said as she trailed a hand down her dress making sure that everything was okay; she couldn't go back if anything looked out of place, she licked her lips as Fernando chuckled as he cupped her face.

The werewolf kissed her softly as he pressed her into the wall again, it was clear that he didn't want her to return to William’s side; but if she didn't then there would be a lot of trouble.

“I have to go back,” Analisa murmured as she wrapped her arms around Fernando’s neck so that she could deepen the kiss; the brunette moaned softly as she felt him press against her again.

Fernando sighed as he pulled back away from his wife, he hated that he couldn't claim her for the humans to see; he knew that he didn't have a choice but to let her go, until the time was right they couldn't be together.

“I love you and only you,” Analisa said making Fernando look at her as they pulled apart, the brunette doing a quick check to see that she looked okay; she knew that she couldn't hid out for much longer without someone coming to look for her.

“I love you too, the sooner the rebellion happens the better,” Fernando said as he offered his wife a small smile, he knew that she didn't want to return to William; she didn't like him touching her.

The brunette sighed as she pressed one last kiss to Fernando’s lips, at one point she would have refused to take sides in this war but now she could knew that she couldn't remain as a neutral party.

“I choose you…” Analisa said softly as she stepped out into the deserted corridor, Fernando’s friends had done their job in covering for the brunette and him while they were alone.

The werewolf looked at his wife confused, he didn't know what she was talking about but he had a feeling that it wasn’t about her arranged marriage to William.

“This war that’s coming… I asked you not to make me choose, but I already have it’s you,” Analisa said making Fernando stare at her, he had never expected her to take a side; he didn't expect her to turn her back on her own kind for him.

The werewolf stepped closer to his mate; he glanced down the open corridor knowing that they had to be careful, no matter what she had just say he couldn't display his true feelings for her.

“You don’t have to choose Ana,” Fernando said as he pulled her into the shadows of the corridor, it concealed them slightly from the world outside that would judge them and would take Analisa away from him.

“It was never a choice… I know what I want and I’ll stand by you,” the brunette said making Fernando smile as he pulled her into a kiss; this made things easier for him to protect her when the time came for the rebellion.