Ch 8: The want to deny

Third person point of view

"You're talking to a transfer student who has only spent five days in this school. How do you expect her to know anything?" While Mika would rather not get involved, she couldn't stand such nobody to talk to her friend that way. "Unlike those dorks in the campus ranked below us, we don't exactly find joy in merely ridiculing you folk. I'd say your existence isn't even worth the discussion."

Class B values getting along with others and the very least considered one of the "good apples" in the main building, most of them. They don't enjoy picking on the weak but rather promote healthy rivalry, directing them more at Class A known to overshadow them. 

"Yeah right, and this so-called transfer student also happens to be the daughter of that monster board chairman of this very school. Let's be real, she should be knowing a lot more than the students themselves." At this point, Karma is just amused with all these excuses. This is literally their family business. She is even a candidate for succession. She should be trained by now on how to take over so this whole thing of her being ignorant is a total joke. 

But Ginka was never considered as such and truly knew nothing. Perhaps there is fault in that. She got herself in a school without fully grasping how it works and just says whatever she pleases, as per the redhead thinks.  While she is aware that there are five classes in total, she had no knowledge that one of them is secluded in the mountain with how big their school actually is. 

"Anyway, just don't classify us the same if we don't get treated the same. We don't suck up to silly lip service." He taps her shoulder before waving as he leaves, "Better just leave us alone. You will lose all your allies if you keep associating with us, Asano-san~"

Of course, Ginka couldn't simply ask what he meant by that since her obliviousness might come off rude. She just ends up watching the bluenette calling his name as he catches up to him, tapping their cards to enter the Kunugigaoka station. 

["Morikawa-san, what is it that I do not know?"]

Unlike her brother, Ginka has not once stepped into the business world. Questions about her family don't get questioned as she had always presented herself under the stage name of "Seiun". Therefore, the way that Gakuho truly controlled the school never reached her ears. It also didn't help that she was away from them almost half her life. 

"You know what they say, ignorance is a bliss. It's best to just take his advice and leave them be." Mika shrugs. 

["But my words have hurt them in some way and while I do want to apologize for it, that would be meaningless if I had no idea about the origin of my mistake."] 

"Look, you did nothing wrong. If anything, Akabane-kun was out of line speaking as if he knew everything about you." 

["Putting it that way.. Am I also not the same?"] Ginka smiles weakly, attempting to convince her friend once more. ["It's no use keeping me in the dark. I'm pretty sure I could get this information by asking around. Why not just come clean with it?"]

Mika wouldn't hear the end of it if she didn't give in now especially when they'll still be together waiting for the train. Taking a deep sigh, she continues walking with her following from the side. "Alright then, listen carefully."