11) TRUTH

"Mummy?" Tori asked, interrupting Louis' studying.

"Yes, baby?" Louis asked, looking at her.

"Juice, peace?" Tori asked.

"Okay, let's get you juice" Louis agreed, getting up from the table.

Despite the fact that Louis barely slept thinking about Harry and what happened at the party, he still woke up early for 2 reasons: Tori, and because he still had a math test he needed to study for.

His parents woke up early too, to go to some farmer's market in another town nearby, and they even offered to take Tori with them so Louis could study, but the little girl refused to go with her grandparents, insisting to stay home with her mummy.

And so far, the little girl had just been watching cartoons in the living room while Louis studied in the dining room table, and this was the first time she had interrupted him.

And she wasn't asking for much, so Louis went to the kitchen, grabbed a juice box, and put the straw in it.

"Here you go, baby" Louis said, giving it to her.

Tori grabbed it with both hands, and immediately started drinking from it as she and Louis walked back to the dinning room table, and Louis sat down where he had been sitting before.

But before he went back to his math book, he checked his phone to see if he had any new texts from Harry, but there was nothing.

After he left Harry's car the night before, he hadn't heard anything from him, and he kept wishing he would text at least a 'hi', or maybe that he would even call.

"Mummy, go s'ing?" Tori asked, not going back to watching her cartoons.

"No, we're not going outside to play with the swings" Louis denied, as he left his phone aside.

"Peace?" Tori asked, making her cute baby deer eyes.

"No, I have to study, so I can't go outside with you" Louis replied.

"Peeeace" Tori begged.

"No, Tori, but tell you what, we can bring downstairs any of your toys for you to play with, yeah?" Louis proposed.

"No!" Tori shook her head, a little frown between her eyebrows "S'ings!".

Louis sighed, and tried to gather enough patience so he wouldn't yell, and picked Tori up from the floor and sat her on his lap.

"Baby, I told you earlier that I had to study today and that I wouldn't be able to play with you, that's why I said you should go out with nan and grandpa, but you insisted you wanted to stay home with me, and you promised you'd be a big girl and would play on your own while I studied, remember?" Louis asked.

"No" Tori replied, and continued frowning.

"You really don't remember that?" Louis dared, knowing she was lying, that had happened barely 2 hours ago so she had to remember.

Tori shook her head.

"Didn't we say yesterday that lying is wrong?" Louis asked.

Tori nodded this time.

"So then I'm going to ask again, and I hope you don't lie" Louis said looking at Tori straight to her eyes "When nan and grandpa offered to take you with them, and you said no, did you promise that you were going to be a big girl and play alone while I studied?".

It was clearly reluctant, but Tori nodded once more.

"Then you need to do that, yeah?" Louis told her.