63) SURPRISE

"Hey, Gem" Louis said picking up the phone.

"Hey" Gemma said happily "How are you?".

"Happy that you called, let's me get a break from studying" Louis said dropping on the desk the pen he had in his hand.

"I'm glad I can help" Gemma joked.

"So what's up?" Louis asked.

"Uhm... you know how my birthday's on Saturday?".

"Yes..." Louis confirmed.

He had the date marked in his calendar, as it wasn't just Gemma's birthday, but also Harry's.

"And you know I was planning to go out with Michael and my friends on Friday night, and then going to visit Harry at Cambridge on Saturday so we could spend our birthday together?" Gemma continued.

"Yes" Louis confirmed again, because Gemma had explained these plans last week.

"Well, I was just talking to my brother, and he informed me that he's going to go home for our birthday" Gemma announced.

"Okay..." Louis trailed off, because he still didn't know what was the point of this conversation.

"And now I talked to my mum, and she says that she wants me to come home too, because she wants the family together for our birthday, and she wants us to have a nice dinner to celebrate" Gemma continued "You know, like the one we had last year?".

"I remember last year's dinner, yes" Louis confirmed.

How could he forget? It was then that he had met Harry and Gemma's awful grandmother.

"So I told my mum I would go, and I'm bringing Michael with me" Gemma announced.

"That's a big step" Louis pointed out.

"Yeah, but I really want my family to meet him, and I want you to meet him too" said Gemma.

"I'd love to meet him" Louis said to his friend "Maybe we can have a cup of coffee on Saturday afternoon, or maybe like breakfast or lunch on Sunday before you go back to Uni?".

"Actually, I was hoping you and Tori could come to the birthday dinner" Gemma told him.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Gem, and you know why" Louis replied.

"But you'd be there as my best friend, and not as Harry's husband" Gemma pointed out.

"Still, it might be too awkward" Louis answered "I haven't seen Harry in person since Liam's house".

"But he told me you have been texting, and that you've let him FaceTime Tori a couple of times".

"It's only been a few days since that started, and I'm trying to be cautious about it" Louis explained "Please understand?".

"I do, Lou" Gemma sighed.

"Thank you" Louis replied.

"What if just Tori came, though?" Gemma asked.

"Alone?".

"Yeah, like you could drop her off and then pick her up when dinner is over" Gemma considered "I know it would mean the world to Harry to have Tori with him on his birthday".

"I don't know, Gem..." Louis considered.

"We would take really good care of her, you know that, and she's comfortable with us by now, so I think she's be okay without you for a few hours" Gemma pointed out.

"Hmm" Louis hummed.

"Could you at least think about it?" Gemma requested.

"Okay, I'll think about it" Louis said, being able to agree to that.