36) VOW

"It's all set up" Harry declared when he arrived at Louis' house that afternoon.

Louis' mum had gone out, and Tori was napping, so they could talk freely.

"Really?" Louis grinned.

"Yep" Harry replied "I went to London this morning, and I got us a marriage license; we're getting married next Tuesday at noon".

"Wow, that's so soon" Louis said wide eyed.

"You said you wanted to get married before I leave, and that's next Sunday" Harry reminded him.

"I know" Louis gulped.

"Are you having second thoughts?".

"No" Louis shook his head "What date is next Tuesday?".

"June 18th" Harry answered "Good anniversary date, right?".

"Perfect" Louis smiled.

"There is a but, though" Harry considered.

"What?" Louis frowned.

"They said we need 2 witnesses" Harry declared.

"Oh".

"There's no way around it, it's the law" Harry shrugged "They even have to sign the registry along with us".

"That is a problem" Louis bit his lip.

"I was thinking we could ask my sister and maybe Niall? And then swear then to secrecy" Harry proposed.

"What if Gemma tells your mum?" Louis considered.

She didn't have the best record for keeping Louis' secrets.

"I don't think she would" Harry shook his head "Not if we tell her how important this is for us".

"And you can trust Niall with this secret too?" Louis questioned.

"Yeah" Harry nodded "I trust him with my life, and if I tell him he can't tell anyone, he'll keep the secret".

"Okay" Louis nodded, and then thought something "But what if they try to talk us out of it or refuse to be our witnesses?".

"Niall wouldn't do that" Harry answered right away.

"And Gemma?" Louis asked unsure.

Harry bit his lower lip, which gave Louis his answer.

"Maybe we could ask Liam?" Louis proposed.

"No" Harry shook his head "It needs to be Gemma, she's my twin sister and she's your best friend".

"We'll just have to convince her, then" Louis considered.

"Yep" Harry replied.

But they decided not to tell Niall or Gemma right away, just to minimize the possibility of them saying no or trying to convinced them not to go through with it.

So the day before Harry and Louis' wedding date, Louis asked Gemma to meet him at the park, and Harry went to Niall's house, so they could ask each of them the big question.

"Hey" Gemma said as she approached the bench where Louis was sitting.

"Hi, Gem" Louis smiled at his friend.

"Where's Tori?" Gemma frowned, looking at the playing area of the park.

"She's at her friend's house" Louis explained.

"Oh, I thought you wanted to meet here because of her" Gemma explained.

"No, I just wanted to meet somewhere where no one would eves drop" Louis answered.