26.

Slowly over time, the sob that had taken control began to fade and soon enough I stopped crying all together. My eyes were locked on to my hands, watching as my fingers moved back and fourth around the bruise binging to form on my wrist. A reminder of what had happened today.

"Hey!"

My head snapped up and turned behind me to see Atticus had rushed to my side. He grabbed my hands, looking at the bruise, before they moved to my neck and he examined it as well. He took in a deep breath and than shook his head roughly, "I swear to god, if I ever see Murphy again I'll kill him!"

My brow furrowed together at his words, I was confused why he was being so over protective all of a sudden. Where was this side of him the last week when everyone was stabbing me in the back with their words, or earlier today when they wanted to hang me? Why does he care now?

"How are you," he asked with a soft whisper as he moved a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"I'm fine," I whispered, turning away from him. I was lying, obviously I wasn't fine, but I had to be strong. Show that I wasn't some weak damsel that was in need of saving.

"You don't have to lie to me, Annabeth," Atticus said.

"Why do you care," I found myself snapping at him. "I've done nothing but been cruel to you since the minute we came down here, why, even after I admitted that I blame you for my moms death, would you care?"

He took in a deep breath before sitting beside me and looking at the wall, his eyes glazed over as if he was in a different place as he said, "we mean more to each other that you think."

"What does that even mean," I asked as my face scrunched up with confusion.

"It means," he said before turning to look at me, "that it's my job to watch over and take care of you. Can I do that?"

"Why, because our parents were friends? Did my dad put you up to this or something?"

He let out a airy laugh and shook his head before it hung low and stared at his hands, "We when make contact with the Ark, I'll let him be the one to tell you. Okay?"

"Atticus, com' on, what is going on?" I questioned him.

"Again," he said as he looked to me, "we are a lot closer than you think."

Before I had a chance to question him further, he stood up and left the drop ship. Sighing, I realized he wasn't going to be any help and I would have to question my dad the next time I spoke and or saw him. Whenever that would happen..

I eventually left the drop ship and headed back towards the rest of camp, part of me wanted to go talk to someone. Anyone really would have done, yet I also didn't want to talk at all, I just wanted to be alone. To not have to go over the past events and to move forward, to put them behind me the best that I could.

I was in the middle of camp when everyone's head began shooting towards the sky, "Hey! Look!"

Glancing up, I saw why everyone appeared to be so happy all of a sudden. It was another drop ship, much smaller than our so actually probably a pod, but none the less, it was coming down.

"Bellamy, get out here," Octavia yelled, she walked up beside me and she took looked at the falling pod. Leaning over to me, she asked, "what do you think it is?"

"Supplies, maybe," I said with a shrug.

"See, there!" Octavia pointed up as a shirtless Bellamy came up from behind us. I took in a deep breath at the sight of him and quickly adverted my eyes. It wasn't that I didn't want to look at him, or that I was disgusted by the sight of him, i was afraid that if I looked I wouldn't be able to stop.