Fifteen

After my grand opening I decided to let the guilt of the kiss that happened between Jarvis and I go. We were vulnerable because of the passing of grandma Ruby and he had too much to drink that night. And by his reconciliation with Tika it was clear to me that his action was induced by his emotions over losing the most important person in his life and alcohol.
My feelings for him had subsided as my love for Jordan had grew. Today was the fourth of July and we were due to appear at my mother's long awaited cookout she was throwing in my honor. Jordan and I packed an overnight bag and head down to montezuma the small country city in Georgia where my parents retired, in my brand new powder blue rolls royce. After a little over two hours we arrive at the beautiful white house with tall pillars and a wraparound porch that sat on the plantation that my father's family once worked and bought during slavery. And of course per my mother the whole damn family was here.

 And of course per my mother the whole damn family was here

"Damb babe, how many relatives you got?"

"Too damn many. Plus the whole damn town is here." I scoffed. This cookout was more so for my mother to show her friends in the country how well I've been doing. I'm  definitely every bit of a city girl but what better way to show Jordan how serious I am about him than to introduce him to my entire family. And of course give messy ass aunt Veronica something to talk about. We followed the sounds of Frankie Beverley and Maze coming from the back yard where most of the guest were. We noticed my father who was grilling in his "Walk on water 11's" sandals the official shoe of all cookouts.

"Daddy we're here! The food looks and smells good." I was nearly drooling over the chicken and ribs he was cooking as I hugged him. " Glad you could make it babygirl there's food under those tents by the pine tree. And Jordan it's nice to see you too young man. "

"Nice to see you too sir!" Jordan said as he gave my father dap and a hug.

"Alright daddy we're gonna take our bags in the house then come back out."

Jordan and I  head towards the house. It nearly took us fifteen minutes just to get inside because we kept getting stopped by different family members and friends who haven't seen me in a while. I can't even count how many times I've heard "I haven't seen you since...." followed by some long ass story. Finally we made it inside after forever. My mother was preparing pans of food that needed to be take outside, with Aunt Veronica talking her head off.

"Mother you're favorite child is here!" I said hugging her from behind." Hey! Pretty girl. And you know I don't show favoritism with my babies."

"That's just a nice way of telling her I'm your favorite no need to lie mama!" My brother Devyn said teasing me as he entered the kitchen."You and I both know that's a lie. And it's nice to see you too Devy! Poo!" I said jokingly pinching his cheeks as I use to when we were kids.

"And this must be the unlucky one Jordan. Wassup bruh!? She held you at gunpoint huh!?"

"Shut up I did not!" I said nudging him. " Jordan this is the ejaculation gone wrong, aka Devyn my brother."