~21~

"Are you angry with me?"

Jin was sitting in the bathtub surrounded by fluffy bubbles. He seemed to take comfort in the small amount of steam rising from the water around him as he sank lower into the warmth as he waited for an answer from Hoseok. The man was currently shampooing his hair. Jin had said he could do it himself but Hoseok had insisted – more than insisted – demanded to be able to take care of Jin and in his weak state Jin could do nothing but sigh and agree. It wasn't such a bad thing. While he had been a bit shy about showing the younger man his body, Hoseok's thin fingers were working magic on his scalp and the feeling made Jin release small, blissful sighs as he worked about lathering his hair.

Jin had woken up in a soft bed curled into Jungkook's side. When the maknae realized he was awake he immediately fetched Namjoon and Yoongi. The leader and the oldest of the gang had come with a bowl of stew and try as he might, Jin was not allowed to feed himself and instead was fed by Namjoon as Yoongi watched over the two. By the end of his meal Jin had a reddish blush tinting his cheeks and he was doing his best to look everywhere but into Namjoon's eyes. From there Jin had been offered a bath. He was too weak to really move around on his own and so Hoseok had come in and offered to help him. Jin had accepted the offer immediately. He had showered already but he didn't feel clean. He felt dirty, ridden with whatever filth that came from simply being around Ilhoon and Yongguk and he so desperately wanted to be rid of it.

That led Jin here but try as he might no matter how hard he scrubbed his skin the dirty feeling would not leave him and now he was face to face with one of his worst fears. He wanted Hoseok to think good of him and he was afraid he might be crushed if Hoseok didn't.

"I'm not angry at all," Hoseok's fingers stopped moving and Jin subconsciously frowned, "I'm just... disappointed..."

Jin felt a hurtful pang in his chest. Somehow, the idea of Hoseok being disappointed in him as a person hurt more than his being angry for his decisions. He wanted to pull away and demand to know why Hoseok was so disappointed in him. He wasn't sure what he had done to deserve that. But Hoseok's fingers started massaging again and Jin could do nothing but lean into the touch. He felt so touch starved after Hoseok had begun washing him that he couldn't bring himself to rip away. He needed the warmth of another person who cared about him and wanted him and despite everything, Jin was fairly certain Hoseok wanted him.

"It hurts. Because when I look at you I see me years and years ago. I don't want you caught up in this. You have a family, Jin. You have a future. You shouldn't get caught up with us." Hoseok sighed as he continued.

Jin said nothing. He simply let Hoseok go about washing his arms leg and chest before standing up from the water and grabbing a towel the orange haired male was offering him. He wrapped it around his waist as Hoseok instructed him to do and then sat on the edge of the bathtub as he waited for the younger man to go about gathering things from different cabinets in the bathroom.

Hoseok's eyes wandered over all of Jin's wounds as he rewashed them. He saw the small cuts and the raw skin and he felt something in his stomach burst with pain for the older man. Jin was clearly hurting as Hoseok went about patching him up, taking his time to smooth salve over his irritated skin and rolling bandages over his exposed slashes. Lucky none of them really needed stitches and the ones that could have used them had already mostly scabbed over and had begun healing.

Jin winced at the sting as Hoseok lightly cleaned the wounds on his upper chest with a cool wash cloth. It felt nice and at the same time painful. The cleanliness was very welcome but the added pain was not. Jin sucked in a harsh breath as Hoseok went about his work, holding it until he was certain Hoseok had moved on from the now inflamed area of his skin.