~36~

Jungkook coughed and spluttered, feeling the rivulets of water run down his face and chest, soaking into the hemline of his jeans. He could barely breathe, taking huge lungfuls of air at the first chance he was given only to have all of his oxygen taken away again a moment later. The water around him was cold – freezing even. It was a stark contrast to the feeling of warm hands holding him down as he struggled.

Debatably, this was the worst situation he had ever been in. Being nearly drowned to death while waiting for someone to come rescue him who probably wasn't coming didn't seem like a great way to spend a Saturday night.

Jungkook bucked back against the bodies that held him down but it did nothing. There was barely any budge behind him and the grip on his arms did nothing but tighten. Jungkook's lungs were screaming – burning with the need to breathe again. His chest tightened and Jungkook couldn't help himself. He started swallowing water. It was a bad sign and it meant that he absolutely needed oxygen or he might just drown himself. He could hear shouting from above the water and suddenly he was being pulled out. He was a coughing mess, greedily breathing in as if he hadn't had a breath in ages. It felt like that, too. It was almost hard to breathe, the droplets of water he was covered in were soaking into his skin like piercing needles of ice. His entire body ached and burned and he struggled to swallow air without choking himself.

"So, your name is Jungkook, eh?"

Jungkook was greeted by a man with sharp features and darker than black hair. He was lanky almost, thin but not in an unmuscled way. He carried himself well, with confidence and arrogance, a smirk plastered on his face that seemed to belong there.

Jungkook said nothing, simply sizing the man up. He could probably take him in a fight if it was one on one. But Jungkook could see the small bulge in his coat jacket indicating he had a holster under his arm. Chances were it was likely filled with a pistol. And Jungkook could also see the small indents in his beltline that were indicative of knives.

Everything had gone wrong. Jimin, Namjoon, and Hoseok were all heading out together in one of the small farm trucks that they would switch out for a newer vehicle when they got to one of the gang's outposts outside the city. Jungkook had opted to head out last, putting the finishing touches on anything that needed to be taken care of at the farm house before he, too, would head out. He knew it was dangerous being the last one there and he knew he shouldn't have gone alone but at the time all of them were in a hurry and Jungkook felt the urge to pull his own weight and protect his leader and gang members.

It might have been a fatal mistake.

Jungkook did head out and he had made sure to be careful and take the woodland trails as far as he could and as quietly as he could. He knew he had a certain amount of time before anyone raiding their farm house would even find the woodland trails and even then they would only be spotted if they were being searched out.

Once Jungkook had gotten out onto the highway he thought everything had been going fine. There was little to no traffic given he wasn't too close to the city, yet.

And then, suddenly, Jungkook had found himself face down in the dirt.

Someone had come from behind that he hadn't heard or seen – he figured now that whoever it was must have pulled out from a smaller side street and rammed into him. All he could really remember was trying to pick himself up while his vision went in and out and a feeling of nausea overwhelmed him. His lungs were burning and his breathing was ragged as he tried with weak arms to pick himself out of the dirt and gravel but he couldn't find the strength.

It hadn't mattered – someone picked him up instead.

"You don't seem very talkative today, Jungkook."

It was concerning to the maknae how this stranger knew his name. normally people saw Jungkook as a nameless face. He was there as muscle and not as much of a primary figurehead despite being in the top seven of Bangtan.

Jungkook found himself unable to retort, his breaths coming quickly and desperately at this point. Every time he tried to form a syllable it left his mouth quickly, drowned out by the sound of him heaving for air. After a few attempts of this, Jungkook simply stopped, letting his jaw hang down and mouth open to try and gather himself more quickly. He had been deprived of oxygen a few times before and usually hyperventilating was a good way of getting air back quickly.

"My name is Yongguk. You don't need to know my surname, I'm sure you know who I am from simply my first name."

Jungkook found it within himself to nod to that, trying not to pay attention to the small droplets off water plopping off of his bottom lip. He knew the name and some strength came back as he remembered his past anger. This man had hurt Jin and that made Jungkook furious. But he couldn't do anything at this moment. His hands were tied behind his back and he was being held by at least two men bigger than he was.

"You have something I want, Jungkook." Yongguk smiled, teeth flashing quickly before his features melted back down into a strange kind of nothingness.

Jungkook just shook his head, his eyes never leaving Yongguk's. He had nothing at this point but information and he was quite certain Yongguk wanted to know the locations of all of Bangtan's bases and hideouts. He couldn't give that information up.

"You don't even know what I want, yet." Yongguk's voice was soft, his eyes tracing the muscles of Jungkook's chest and stomach, "And it would be in your best interest to hear me out. You're not exactly in a good situation right now."

Yongguk was right about that. Jungkook was locked in a small room with two burly men holding down his tied arms. There were no windows and he had no clue what floor he was on or if there were even multiple floors in the building he was being held in. His eyes were aching at this point – the only source of light was one naked bulb blaring a white light overhead and throwing odd shadows onto the metal walls. Jungkook wasn't stupid. This was a torture room. It was small enough to make a victim feel claustrophobic and there was no way to tell what time it was. There was only one narrow door leading out and nothing on the walls at all. There was only a chair in the room where Yongguk was sitting and then a large tub full of freezing water. It was meant to be scary and something in Jungkook felt almost hopeless as he shivered. He had never been in a situation like this before and he found himself shaking from not just the cold but also uncertainty and fear. There was no one to guide him here and no one he could rely on or look to for comfort. He was on his own again and his mind flashed back to his childhood when he had been abandoned and by himself. Namjoon had saved him then...

But would Namjoon save him now?

===================================================

IT'S BEEN FOREVER BUT PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ALSO BTS' NEW COMEBACK SLAPS OMG