Ch.5

You Did What?!

There wasn't enough time for me to make it back around the castle. The only chance I have of making it on time is through the Great Hall entrance.

Which might I say is blocked by new first years. I take a deep breath walking up the stairs I could feel the kids eyes stare on my back as I made my way up. Just then a bright light flashes blinding me startling Smoky on my shoulder,"That's (Y/n)! The daughter of the Quidditch captain of the Bulgarian Team!" Many of the kids ooo'ed asking tons of questions.

My sight regained itself as I skidded across the wall reaching the steps,"Alright who flashed that devil light?" Everyone pointed at a blonde boy as he gulped trying to hide the huge camera.

"S-sorry..."

"It's okay, at least warn me next time. Blinded my poor owl" Smoky hoots swaying side to side on my shoulder.

"Hey she's a Slytherin! I've heard they're nothing but snakes" a girl points at my uniform as everyone watches. I mean she's not wrong we are snakes but my guesses are not what she intended to say.

"Backstabbers they usually call your house" I only smiled tilting my head slightly,"If you're bad mouthing my house then I'd like you to tell that to the Head of Slytherin" she scoffs turning her head.

"Are the Slytherin people really mean?" A nervous boy asked I shake my head then slightly nodding yes," I can't say we're nice but I can't say we're mean either. Then again every house has bratty kids, it's not just Slytherin."

"(Y/n) isn't like the other Slytherins! She's kind to others no matter the House you're in!" Ginny shoves her way to the front grabbing my hand.

She faces the crowd of students with a stern face,"You should consider yourself lucky to have met someone as nice as her. She tries her best to not let bad things get in her way, for example right now" Ginny faces me grabbing my shoulders starring me right in the eyes,"don't let anyone treat you any different from the house you're in"

"Thanks Ginny. I didn't need your help on this but thanks anyway" we here a voice clear out as we turned to the person.

Professor McGonagall stood there holding a sheet of paper with her arms crossed over her chest,"(L/n), if my memory is correct you were already sorted last year" I laughed nervously shoving Ginny back with the other students.

"Yes, you're absolutely right Professor. See here, I forgot my witch hat for the sorting and Professor Snape allowed me to run and get it. Which leads to me being here" she sighs walking over to me tapping my head with the parchment paper.

"Run inside now, the sorting is about to begin" I nod bidding Ginny a goodbye and opening the Great Hall door. Enough for me to slip in.

~~~

A few of the students were sent to Slytherin one of them not being surprised was the snotty girl.

She didn't sit near me so that was good. Smoky finally got better pecking at the vegetables that sat on my plate, "Smoky unless you're going to eat my veggies. I suggest you stop"

He hoots snatching a carrot bouncing to Malfoy's plate (who was right next to me) and dumped it there. "(Y/n) are you trying to declare your love for me in a carrot gift?"

"Malfoy...no" Smoky screeches at Malfoy extended his wings. It was like watching a baby bird trying to be intimidating, "Is your owl okay?" A new kid next to me asked staring at him weirdly.

"Yeah...he's like that with dumb people" I hear a 'hey' as I faced Malfoy, "I'm not dumb!"

"oh right low educated"

The kids laughs going back to talking with his friends,"so, Love bug I've managed to join the Quidditch team...impressed?"

"Malfoy the only reason why you're in the team is because A) I stopped being the seeker wanting a new position and B) You bought everyone a brand new broom to keep" he scoffs turning his head,"what are you talking about Love? I got in on pure talent"

"Pure talent my ass" I whispered stuffing my mouth with mashed potatoes,"what was that Love?" I swallow my food quickly thinking," I said 'Patrick Hamlet has new grass'"

(Made up that name before you go searching for who the heck they are)

"Oh. Well dinner is over we should head to our dorms" Dumbledore announced the dinner over as we followed our prefects to our dorms. On the list of essentials for the new year the parchment paper said that we stay in the same dorms until the end of our school years.

So I was stuck with Malfoys butt sniffer--I mean! Parkinson. Smoky peacefully sat on my head as I squeeze through the first years. I quickly make my way up the steps finding my old bed. I sit on the bed taking Smoky off my head and on a fluffy pillow,"Alright Smoky, RULES, as a second year Hogwarts student I'm expected to set a good example to the first years. That means you can no longer join me in my classes" Smoky stares up at me shifting to my thigh giving me baby owl eyes,"No, Smoky that's not going to work on me this time, your little baby bird eyes ain't--Awwe" he tilts his head chirping his feather fluff up nuzzling his beck.

'No, I'm strong I will not let an owl get the better of me....but he's so CUTE!!!'

"Smoky be a good owl. You know better" I push him away sitting him back on my pillow his head sulks looking at me with sad eyes. 'Crap!'

{should have mentioned this in the beginning but Smoky is a Lesser Soot