Ch. 13

Hey, it's been a while since my last update so much has happened recently that I hope this will make up the lost time. I know it's a short chapter but it's the best I could do in the meantime.

The stairway spiraled up at a slow pace. I get on the step pulling Harry with me I sigh looking down at the moving steps, "What's wrong?"

"This is stupid... I may not be able to see the future, but, after this, we might get expelled"

"But we didn't do anything--"

"Yeah? Well, I bet Filch told Dumbledore a fat lie. Maybe even said he saw us do it to that Hufflepuff and Nearly Headless Nick"

The steps stopped to an open office, Dumbledore nowhere to be found. Smoky fluttered on my head shaking and chirping. "It's okay Smoky" I hold the scared owl in my hands petting his head to soothe his worries.

There were two open seats for us as we neared the desk I notice the old bird chirping a quiet song. Smoky sings along sitting in front of it bouncing side to side.

Smoky isn't what you call a decent singer so it was kinda awkward and funny hearing him try. I felt a hand on my back and a slight push I stumble a bit turning around to a confused Harry.

"Are you okay?"

"Why'd you push me?"

"I didn't push you I'm all the way here"

I squint my eyes motioning my finger and middle finger to my eyes then pointing them at him. Harry just raises his hands playing innocent then became interested in the large old bird.

I smiled at the old bird scratching its head suddenly becoming warm. I pull away watching the bird flare-up turning into nothing but ashes. Smoky panics falling off the stand screeching uncontrollably loud, "what did you do?!"

"I didn't do anything! It just flared up--"

"Harry... (Y/n)"

"It was Harry sir"

I point at Harry getting an angry glare from the brunette I look down feeling bad about the bird.

"Your bird it just..burned up there wasn't anything 'We' could do"

I pout at Harry while he emphasizes the 'we' part to Dumbledore, "And it's about time poor thing was looking dreadful lately. See phaux is a Phoenix when it's their time to die they burn up and reborn in their ashes"

Dumbledore walked up to the ashtray leaning into it a little featherless Phoenix rose from the ashes looking around. "Life is amazing when you see it do its best" Smoky flutters on my shoulder chirping happily now.

"Now I know you're here because--"

"Professor Dumbledore wait! Harry and (Y/n) didn't do it!"

"Hagrid I know--"

"In a matter, in fact, I'm ready to curse the ministry of magic!!"

"Hagrid! I know they didn't do it"

"Of course you don't the--oh... Um well, then I'll be on my way then... Goodnight kids"

'Well, that just happened' I looked at Harry confused as heck but silently chuckled at what just happened. Harry smiled at me turning to Dumbledore asking why we were there, "Well I'm sure you know what has been happening around this school"

He eyes both of us continuing what he was saying, "Yes sir"

"Then I expect both of you to be in your best behavior. Also, be safe around the Professors they only want you to be safe from harm's way"

'Oh yeah I can feel the care from a certain Professor'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, there's it is a new chapter, a crappy one, but there it is. I hope to liked it and hopefully, the next chapter will come in in time (°∀°)b