Ch.20

Found

'Heir?!?!'

I look up at Tom hectic and noticed he had my wand. I slowly got up asking for my wand, "You won't be needing it"

"Listen we've got to go. We've got to save Ginny and stop (Y/n)"

It pained me to say that I thought she was good I thought she cared for all of us. I guess what Malfoy said was right the niceness was just a mask to cover up what she really was.

"I'm afraid I can't do that as you see, as poor Ginny grows weaker, I grow stronger"

I tilt my head in confusion, Tom smirked messing around with my wand in his hands, "I'm sure you're thinking that my darling was the one who opened the Chamber~ WRONG! It was Ginny Weasley who opened the Chamber of Secrets"

"No, she wouldn't--Ginny isn't like that!"

"It was Ginny who set the Basilisk on the Mudbloods and Filch's cat. Ginny who wrote the threatening messages on the walls"

"But why?"

"Because I told her to. You'll find I can be very persuasive. Not that she knew what she was doing she was, shall we say in a kind of trance still the diary began to scare her. She tried to dispose of it in the girl's bathroom and then who should find it, but you? The very person I was most anxious to meet along with my darling of course"

"And why did you want to meet us? (Y/n) isn't really the Heir of Slytherin is she? Where is she!?"

I stood closer to Tom as he was circling around me slowly and aggressively speaking harder ignoring my words.

"I knew I had to talk to you, meet you if I could, with that I could get closer to my darling and capture her at her weakest point. So I decided to show you my capture of that brainless oaf Hagrid to gain your trust"

"Hagrids my friend and you framed him didn't you?"

"It was my word against Hagrids, only Dumbledore seemed to think he was innocent"

I smiled at him he grumbled at my remark, "I'll bet he saw right through you"

"He certainly kept an annoyingly close watch on me after that I knew it wouldn't be safe to open the Chamber again while I was at school so I decided to leave behind a diary preserving my 16-year-old self in its pages so that one day I would be able to lead another to finish Salazar Slytherin's noble work. It was supposed to be (Y/n), my future Heir, who opens the Chamber and yet my book landed in the hands of this pathetic girl"

"Well, you haven't finished it this time. In a few hours, the Mandrake Draught will be ready and everyone who was Petrified will be alright again and for the last time. Where's. (Y/n)?"

I slowly spoke glaring up at him he returned the glare mocking me.

"Haven't I told you? Killing Mudbloods doesn't matter to me anymore for many months now, my new target has been you and my darling. How is it that two babies with no extraordinary magical talent were able to defeat the greatest wizard of all time? How did you both escape with nothing but a scar while Lord Voldemort's powers were destroyed?"

"Why do you care how we escaped? Voldemort was after your time"

"Voldemort's my past, present, and future"

He began to write his name in the air scattering them turning them into a new name.

I am Lord Voldemort

"You. You're the Heir of Slytherin... you're Voldemort"

Even with this discovery that still doesn't answer some things in my head. He turned to me saying that he obviously wouldn't have kept his muggle fathers name. I kept my small distance from him as he slowly neared me I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared.

"I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would fear to speak when I become the greatest sorcerer in the world"

"Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world!"

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me"

"He'll never be gone. Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him!"

I shouted at his face I stared into his eyes until a screeching sound came out of the tunnels we turned to the screech and it was Fawkes holding something in his claws.

He flies over to us dropping an object I catch it watching him soar away. I look at the object unraveling it. It was the hat? Really?!

"So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defender a songbird and an old hat and here since you've been asking where my darlings been I'll show you"

Tom or should I say Voldemort walks away sticking his hand up. He speaks Parseltongue calling the Basilisk to come. I stepped back looking between him and the statue's mouth that started to open. The basilisk came out letting out a growl Voldemort told the Basilisk to stay put telling it to open its mouth.

I looked only at its mouth and there she was, (Y/n)! She laid unconscious in the mouth of the monster. My eyes widen at the horrific sight. The basilisk dropped (Y/n) into Voldemort's arms he smirked holding her close to him. I reached out to (Y/n) happy to know she isn't harmed in any way but the Basilisk hissed at me so I stayed in place.

"My most prized possession, my darling it's time"

He whispered against her ear he laid her on the ground and placed his hand on her head taking out her wand casting a spell I've never heard of, a bubble cast around her making her float up he places her wand right under her. "What are you doing?"

"Sshh, she'll be drained of my essence that's within her and I'll make her my future Heir plus loyal subject"

He waves my wand tapping the bubble, it began to fill up and that's when (Y/n) started to wake up. She looked around seeing me, Ginny, and Voldemort. "H-Harry? W-What's going on?! Let me out!"

"My darling you'll be turned into a nightmare to all and a dream for me"

She looked at Voldemort glaring at him the black liquid reached her waist. She banged against the bubble but it was as if it was made with glass."YOU! Wait until I get out of here! I'll turn you into a pretzel when I'm done beating you up!"

"Oh, so much anger~ I love it!"

The liquid filled up covering the whole thing. "(Y/n)?! Hold on I'll save you-"

"No! she's almost done she just has to let out her last breath and for that to happen I need you gone"

Voldemort chants the Basilisk to chase after me. I quickly began to run away hearing Voldemort say his last words to me, "Parseltongue won't save you now Potter it obeys only me!!"