Pepper ships it

A/N: these events take place in the same time as the nightmare scene

Tony POV

Distant screams wake me in my sleep. I was so incredibly tired that it wasn't even funny at this point. No amount of caffeine or espresso shots could save me now. The truth was that medical work took it out of me or maybe it was children, I wasn't sure. Despite this, I couldn't ignore it so I got up and stumbled on down to the medical room. I am half way down the corridor when Pepper grabs my arm

"Hey, you don't need to go down there," she tells me

"Why she might be hurt," I ask, still half asleep

"The screen," she says expecting me to know what she's talking, I give her 'that look' "Tony, you installed a screen that shows you the medical room, shes just having a nightmare"

I nod, I had completely forgotten about the cast system I had set up between the cameras we have. She leads me there and I start to watch whats going on through a fuzzy screen all the while still being on edge and incredibly nervous because as much as I trust her it goes against my instincts.

Pepper POV

Michelle was holding Peters hand close to her chest as she was quaking violently. She opened her eyes and blinks hurriedly trying as she tries to hold in a pool of tears. Peter is talking to her as he tries to keep calm. There is no audio transmitted through the old system but anyone could tell that he was trying to calm her down and bring her back to a stable state of mind

"They're so cute together" I squeal like I child "I ship it... What you don'tthink its cute look at them Tony

"You ship it? What this now a new phrase you just invented" he cocks his head speaking in a familiar tone

"Its when you want to people to be together" I answer

"Well they are together" he states confused

"No, like in a romantic relationship, and then when the ship name comes up, no a ship name is when you merge those two names"

"Do I need to stop you hanging out with the kid or what?" he replies jokingly

"So we could have a ship name, prony, tepper" I continue not taking note of his ridiculous comments

"I like Pepperony better, look, honey, we're a pizza topping" he laughs sarcastically.

"Oh look" I comment after laughing for a while "the kid has figured out your little bed leaf contraption. I wonder what they're talking about"

"She looks pretty sad" Tony observes zooming in on the picture.

"I mean she has just fallen off a 300 feet tower. Her world is being turned upside down but I'm glad Peters there for her"

-------------------------------------------- TIME SKIP --------------------------------------------

Michelle POV

It had been 3 days since my fall, yet unless it was haunting me at night, it felt years away. Peter had not left my side which I was incredibly grateful for as apart from the routine medical tests, I would have nothing but books to entertain me.

I knew he would have to leave in a week as that was when the original trip that I was supposed to be on right now. I was willing to make the most of the full das I had with. Tony and Pepper both agreed that he should go back to Paris but he refused the offer and after a while, they gave in and extended his stay until the rest of the school went back to the normal routine.

I was still drowsy but according to Pepper that was just a side effect and a small price I had to pay for life along with my slight slur and muscle fatigue. These were all short-term issues that I could overcome eventually. I had just woken up from a sleep and I saw Peter on a nearby windowsill outside the medical room that was filled with a bright and luxurious sunshine.

I beckon him in and he hands me his phone which I could barely see for all the cracks.

"Ned's on the phone if you wanna talk to him," he says

"Wait does he know" I whisper as to not be heard through the phone

"He's the only other kid who knows. He helped me when I defeated Liz's dad" he confirms

"Wait, you killed Liz's dad, did he do something evil. Wait, is he the vulture?" I ask dumbfounded "I knew it"

"Just take the phone," he tells me impatiently "I'll tell you the stories later"

I talk to Ned, he also is happy to hear my voice. I can see Peter is rolling his eyes at our conversations which mainly consisted of our disbelief that the friendly neighbourhood nerd was actually the friendly neighbourhood Spiderman. And Ned was just happy about being the guy in the chair.

Just as I ended the chat I see Tony and Pepper walking past holding hands. Tony stops to open the door to the room.

"Michelle, you don't live with your parents do you?" he says sipping black coffee

"No why?" I ask

"Oh I just thought I should notify someone that you won't be home as expected" he replies

"They won't notice I'm gone" I answer truthfully

"Rough time there, I bet," he says totally right.

"Yeah, I don't get noticed a lot or loved or even fed most of the time" I speak lightheartedly, knowing that he also has a rocky relationship concerning his parents.

"We could adopt her" Peppa intervines without hesitation. I know that that wouldn't happen but the thought feels me with joy for a couple of seconds.

"What?" Tony looks at Pepper confused

"Yeah I mean, it was just a thought. You wanted a kid didn't you?" she says defensevly after seeing my smile.

"We'll think about it, ok kiddo, I can't promise anything but I wanna get you outta ther after reading some of those reviews.