I did it to protect you!

Peter POV

This guy had left me shook. I wasn't sure what to think of him, he was dead, quite obviously bleeding, and that's how I left him. But what was that speech? I want to be able to sweep it under the rug as a psychopath. But if that was true, how did he know my name, more importantly: how did he know MJ and what did he mean. I hadn't given her powers.

No, no I was just going to go in there and say that everything is fine because it is. Yes, I may have killed the guy but there were no cameras so I can just over exaggerate and everything will be fine as it always is and I can go back to being friendly neighbourhood spiderman who stops bike thieves. He wasn't going to come back and it would all be fine, it would all be fine.

Why was he even in my head so much, I didn't like it.

I get back to Stark Towers where Mr Stark is waiting for me. Here is my time to use my middle school acting talents.

"What's the matter Kid?" he says as I rub my eyes to give the effect of crying.

"I killed him, I killed the guy" I fake it

"What?" he asks

"There was a psychopath and I didn't mean to kill him but I did," I say

"Its ok, the police said he was causing quite a havoc. I'm not saying you should kill these guys but you did the right thing" he sighs

Good, that was good. It was swept under the rug and we would never have to think about his presence ever again. I go to finish my homework but I have this nagging feeling in my mind that there might be some truth in this guys words so I go to speak to MJ. At this point, I was feeling pretty down so I decide to make some fun myself.

Going around the corner of the medical room I scale the walls. I was going to scare her as we did back in school - it had actually become more of a competition now. I jump down:

"Boo!" I scream, laughing even before I know she is. But she doesn't laugh, she only looks at her hand and then at me in fright. I follow her eyeline up, unsure of what she is so terrified about, But then it clicks:

Her middle fingers are curled in and her hand is attached to a web, a web like mine. She had just cast a web.

"Crap" she whispers

"You, you have powers," I say stepping into the room.

"Look, you weren't supposed to find out this way" she murmurs

"You have powers?" I repeat unable to comprehend what is happening "You created that with your hand, it wasn't a device or anything Mr Stark made for you" she nods

"Mr Stark said it would be better if you didn't know for a little while. I'm sorry Peter I sho-" I cut her off

"Mr Stark did this, he told you not to tell me," I ask her holding my head in my hands

"Well, yeah but he said it would be-" No sooner has she uttered those words than I am off to go find him

I know exactly where he will be, down in his office with all his suits, he barely left that place. It was his playpen in there and although it had some very cool tech in it, this time I wasn't there for the suits or the cars. Just as I had guessed, he is down there doing pull-ups on a bar while talking to Javis.

"Mr Stark," I say with determination as I walk down the glossy staircase. He barely agnolgies me.

"Did Pepper let you down here again?" he asks absentmindedly

"I thought we said no secrets," I say as I can feel my eyes starting to prick with tears; anyone who knows me knows that I hate having trust broken

"What now?" he replies, jumping down from the bars

"MJ has powers now," I say assertively "And you weren't gonna tell me"

"That's where your wrong" he answers aragontly "I'm allowed to keep secrets from you because I'm the adult"

"That's not the point" I yell "I saved her life and you hid this  from me"

"Fucking hell, kid" he swears "I was gonna tell you, but just not yet"

"Great... that's just super, isn't it? When were you gonna tell me? You never tell me anything. Ever" I tell him starting to actual cry "I'm tired of feeling like a kid!"

"She just needs to get safe with them before anyone knows" he screams back at me

"Safe with them, whats that supposed to mean"

"YOU GAVE HER THOSE POWERS peters, WAKE UP I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO FEEL THE BURDEN NOT EVERYTHING IS BLACK AND WHITE" He hollers at me.

"That's not it though, is it? You think I'm weak, you think I couldn't handle it." I retort

"Maybe that was it. I'm not wrong though am I? Look at you now. Look in the mirror. You're lashing out for no apparent reason. THIS IS WHY I STILL TREAT YOU LIKE KID, CAUSE THIS IS HOW YOU REACT.  YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS PETER, I CALL THE SHOTS!" he spits

"Lashing out for no apparent reason," I say in disbelief "This is on you, you hid this from me. You know how much I love her, how much I care for her and you kept this a secret" he turns back and bites his lip.

"I HID THIS FROM YOU TO KEEP YOU AND THE GIRL SAFE BECAUSE I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU CARE FOR HER. I CARE FOR YOU. WHAT WOULD AUNT MAY SAY IF SHE FOUND OUT. OR YOUR GIRL HERE FELT LIKE SHE COULD GO AND FIGHT CRIME WITH YOU. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STOMACH THAT? SHE COULD GET HERSELF KILLED ALL BECAUSE I TOLD YOU. PETER IT IS MY JOB TO KEEP YOU SAFE AND I DID WHAT I THOUGHT WAS RIGHT. IM DOING MY BEST HERE SO CUT ME SOME SLACK WHY WON'T YOU"