Daddy knows best

A/N: This one is pretty long but I like it. The braid has some significance, feel free to PM if you can't figure out but its just a sweet metaphor. Oh and go follow the artist watermarked in this post on Insta. I'm in love wth her stuff

Michelle POV

I was so stupid, so dumb. I had mentioned 'the stark internship' at dinner and now they were both on my back about it, asking every question under the sun about what it was like and all that. Of course, I had no clue how to answer because there was no internship there was just... me 

Then they started getting suspicious until my mum asked that fatal question. She straight up asked me if I was SpiderGirl and it kinda hurt to say no. Although I didn't really say that either, I just glanced off and took another bite of ice cream. 

That's when the room dissolved back into an awkward mess - or at least that's how it felt. Felt like everyone was watching me like me before. I just wanted to sink into a hole and continue reading.

I now sat in my room, calling Peter to no avail. Why had he text me all day and now nothing at all? I had all the time to think why things weren't working until Denver enters with a single knock. 

"Hey" I greet him

"Hey, sweetie mind if I sit?" he asks crouching down beside me "What ya doing?"

"Just texting Peter" I reply. He grimaces oddly at those words "He's not replying though."

"Oh" he muses before taking my phone

"Hey" I chuckle "Give it back"

"I just wanna talk, without the phone" he smilies putting the phone on the floor beside him "So this Stark Internship seems pretty promising. Got the chance to meet anyone cool yet?" 

"Uh no."I stammer "his suits are cool though"

"Come on, you haven't met anyone yet" he teases

"No, I haven't" I lie, I had met Peter and Pepper. Those were cool people in my books

That when he grabs my braid. It was manky and almost falling out but I was keeping it in, 'till Pepper had the time to do me another. Or at least that's what I thought, my father had different ideas as she ripped the tie from my hair. 

"Come on, everyone knows Stark doesn't have apprentices - It would be all over all over the news. He's not one for secrets" he tells me, referencing the time when he gave his home address out. "What are you really doing at Stark's?"

"Nothing," I say hesitantly

"Tell me, Michelle. are you actually SpiderGirl" he presses uncomfortably

"No.. I'm not her." I stammer. "Why would you even think that?" he then gets up, his body towering over me.

"Well the forest where she revealed herself is right by your school. She's only been connected to Stark. She seems about your age from he stature and oh her name is Michelle!" he spits "Now are you her or not?" he asks with a serious roughness to his voice as he balls his fist "Because lying to me would be bad wouldn't it baby."

That's when there was another knock on the door. Mother. 

"Hey just about to go to bed. Ooh, I like your hair out of that rat's nest of a braid. What are you guys talking about?" she interrupts. Before I can speak, Denver steps in front of me. 

"I think we might have a superhero on our hands' babe" he jokes.

"No way, you're not her are you?" she exclaims, giddy