7 seconds

A/N: This is meant to mimic the events of Spiderman two but please don't get annoyed and stick with it if you are not enjoying it because it is necessary to the plot and none of the rest will be related - the rest will be truly original
Thanks for reading xx

Michelle POV
Is this where I die? I don't wanna go yet, not llike this. I am robbed of breath as I am in full free fall and it should I calculate that this should take me about 7 seconds to fall from tha point but they are the slowest 7 seconds of my life. I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die. I see Peter, briefly. I guess I'm glad my last minutes were spent with him. If only I had more time.

I look at Peter again, he is just a blurry dot yet I seem to see him morph into a red patch standing on the tower. Or maybe I was going insane. Then I start to see screenshots of my life: what was I exactly? A neglected, observant foster kid weirdo? Is that what I go down as? I wanted to do something with my life. It is not comforting to know that it would be Ned Leeds and Peter Parker alone at my funeral.

The red dot seems to appear closer now. I reach for it in fear as I watch the sky of sunset colours meld and flow into a spiralling haze. The colossal sky seemed so far but the ground so close. No one could save me now.

Peter POV
"PETER!!" She shrieks as she falls.

I don't know what to do as time stands still. I am frozen with fear as her hands reach up towards me. She is gathering speed and I have to make a quick decision. I know my web will be weaker if my suit isn't fully covering me but if I let her fall she will die.

So I make the choice I cast my web with one hand and rip open my shirt with the other. I start to see the ivory spirals spill from my fingertips and form a web that is not fully finished. If only I had time. I need more time. I calculate that she should be in free fall for about 7 seconds. Even when it's slowed to a halt I am in desperate need... of... more time...

I head to her with all the speed I can muster as her eyes widen with fear. Its almost like I am looking into her soul in those moments - she is counting on me to save her. My shirt was flailing in the wind as two webs chase after the falling girl - one aiming for her back and the other her stomach. I tear escapes my eye and runs on the inside of my mask. My whole suit is nearly fully on as I reach the floor meaning my web gained strength. My breath is shallow and scared and my hands jittery and unsure.

The web hits her less than half a meter from the ground, I rush down there. Her eyes are still open but her face has lost its coco tint and warm glow causing her to look almost ghastly compared. Petrified, I lift up her head, feeling some tension. Thank God. She gasps for air yet still feels limp and heavy.

"P- p- p-et-er-pet-er?" she murmurs quietly. I rip off my mask to get a closer look, the webs are the only thing holding her up and I can see she's fighting to stay with me yet she only appears seconds from death.

I start to see people at the end of the long street. I need to get away, somewhere out of sight. I rush behind a nearby bush carrying MJ with me. We are then shielded by a wall which removes just one worry from my mind. I had to free her from the web in order to move her, but the main body of the web is intact and does not want to move, in fact, it has made little cuts in her clothing. I don't have much time to think about that though. I lift her head - she flashes me a weak smile.

"I knew it"

I takes me a second to register what she means, I had totally forgotten the fact that she, like most, didn't know, I was Spiderman. She lulls her head. God, what have I done?

"MJ? Michelle? Talk to me, stay with me, please, please" I plead "C'mon, C'mon, please." I hold her close brushing the curl behind her face "Karen call Mr Stark" I sob

"Already here," he says, I look back, he is flying just above the tower. "Your suit notifies me in case of danger. We need to get her to my hospital"

And with that, he takes her almost lifeless body from me and holds her horizontally between both arms. I wipe away my tears however it is not long before they come trickling, cascading down my face once more. I then follow after Mr Stark. If it wasn't such a dire suituiation I would have liked to go for a swing around the roofs of this new city.

"Her name's MJ, I mean Michelle, she's a friend of mine, like a really good friend - a best friend in fact" I stutter, unable to find the words through tears

"We'll do our best kid" Mr Stark replies.