Chapter One: The New Girl

Maya's P.o.v

Today is the day I start my new school. I was petrified and I hated that I was changing schools AGAIN. It seems every school I go to I'm either getting bullied for being a 'spoiled little rich girl' and other stuff like that or when I stand up to bullying I get in immense trouble then I have to move schools. So..I've moved schools a lot. I know it stresses my parents out every time we have to do it and it stresses me out too. I was getting dressed in black skin tight jeans and an all white loose fitting t-shirt. I then put on a black loose fitting jacket and started getting on my black high top converses. While I was getting my left shoe on my mom started calling my name.

"Maya! Hurry up or you'll be late for school!"

I scoffed and started going slower. I then went downstairs after I grabbed my backpack and phone. My headphones already being plugged into my phone and wrapped around it. My mom was in the kitchen and she was making pancakes and bacon.

"Good morning sweetheart. You ready for your first day of school?"

She started making my plate then set it in front of me while I groaned in agony.

"Ya know mom? All teenagers actually don't like school." "Oh honey, you'll do fine. I know you don't want to go but it's important for your future. And this school is closer so you don't even need to take your Ferrari. Also it's your last year of high school." "Don't say stuff like that." "What do you mean?" "You don't have to name the expensive car I drive." "Well I didn't mean it in any way." "Yeah. Anyways I'm gonna just take my skateboard today."

I started eating then when I was done I put my plate in the sink.

"I'll see you guys later."

I slung my book bag over one of my shoulders then I said bye to my mom and dad and walked out the door. I untangled my headphones from my phone and started to skateboard as I set up Andy Black's song Ribcage to listen to. Once it fully started playing I started on my way to school. Once I got there I got off my skateboard and stared up. I sighed then walked in. Right when I did kids were running across the halls and yelling. Girls were chatting about stupid shit. Twirling their hair around their fingers. Trying to look cute. Some guys were messing with other girls. It just seemed the same as any other school I've been to. Until I scanned the hallway and my eyes landed on him. Standing at a locker all casual and cool. He was with some other guys of course. He intrigued me the most though.

Gustav's P.o.v

I was leaning my back against one of my best friends, Bexey's, locker. I had my hood up like any other day and just waited on him to grab all his books. I was also just casually listening to my other friend's conversations while I waited. I looked up and then my eyes landed on a girl. She seemed different from the others. When she caught my gaze she quickly looked away and walked off. I shrugged then me and my friends headed off to class once Bexey was finally done getting everything he needed from his locker. Once we got to class we all sat down next to each other and then waited on the teacher. Until Bexey and Tracy started talking. Yunggoth and Wicca just listening to what they were talking about. I soon pitched in after awhile.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Tracy said,"Well apparently we should be expecting a new girl today." "Who?" "Her name's Maya and I heard she was hot." "Maya?" "Yeah. I'm trying to see what this girl's like." "All girls are the same here." "Don't be like that Gus. She could probably be different like us." "Sure."

I rolled my eyes then put my headphones in.

Maya's P.o.v

I was walking from the office to my first class which turned out to be math. I scoffed then walked into the class. The teacher looked at me and then the whole class did. I seen the guy from earlier and he took a headphone out of his ear once I walked in. Looking at me like everyone else was but his look was..different.

"Oh hello. You must be the new student Maya Prescott."

I sighed and looked at him with the blandest face.

"Let me guess. I've gotta introduce to the class who I am." "I would like you to." "Of course you would."

The class laughed and the guy from earlier smirked at me. I started to smile a little bit.

"Well..my name's Maya Prescott and..I dunno." "Oh c'mon. Don't be shy."

I glared at the teacher and then the guy spoke up and my attention snapped back to him.

"Oh c'mon Mr.Divine. You make everyone do the stupid introduction when they're new. Just let her sit down." "Fine..I guess I'll let it pass this one time."

I smiled slightly at the guy then found me a seat. I looked at him from across the room and he smirked back at me then put his headphone back in. After the class was over I rushed out to avoid any contact with anybody and I started rushing off to my next class for english. While I was walking someone grabbed at my arm. I turned around ready to hit someone when I seen it was the guy.

"Oh..you scared me." "I see. You were gonna hit me?" "Maybe."

I put my hands back down and he smirked.

"So..you know my name from that embarrassing introduction..whats yours?" "Gustav." "Gustav?" "Gustav." "Who were those guys you were with earlier?" "Friends." "I don't really have friends..."

I looked down as I put a strand of hair behind my ear.

"We can be friends. You're not like other girls here."

I looked up at him and we stopped at my second class which was english. (They were walking while talking.)

"This your next class?" "Sadly, yeah." "Well..why don't you..join me and my friends for lunch today? While they eat I can show you around the school." "Okay." "Okay. Meet me at Mr.Divine's door around lunch time."

He smirked at me then walked off. I sighed in relief then walked into the class.