Chapter Twelve: Maya's First Party

Maya's P.o.v

Me and Whitney were in my room getting ready for a party that Gus's friend Goth was having.

(Maya's on the right and Whitney's on the left.)

"Okay. I need you to stay very still Maya because I'm about to apply the eyeliner." "What's eyeliner?" "Don't worry about it. Just sit back and let momma work her stuff."

I giggled and let her do her thing.

"Whitney, you've gotta help me at this party. I've never been to one before. Not counting fancy parties I have with my parents." "It's okay. You know I've got your back."

I smiled and she concentrated on doing my makeup. I wanted to make a good first impression at my first high school party. Whitney picked me out a black, mid thigh dress. She also did my hair to its complete straightest. I lied and told my mom and dad I was going to the library and I'd be out late studying with Whitney. She thankfully bought it because of how convincing Whitney was. After awhile my phone started ringing. Whitney stopped doing my makeup so I could get it and it was Gus. She started doing her own makeup as I answered the phone.

Hey.

Hey. You getting ready?

I'm already ready baby girl. I'm smokin a blunt before I hit the party.

Cool. I'll see you when you get here?

Yup. Watch for Tracy's car.

Kay. See you later Gus.

Byeeee.

We hung up and I smiled to myself. Whitney looked at me and smiled.

"What?" "Nothing." "What? Why are you smiling at me like that?" "Nothing."

She continued smiling as she continued her makeup. I started blushing and waited on Whitney to be done. Once she was we put our regular type dresses over our party ones and we put some jackets on. We then waited on the guys to pull up. After awhile they did, Gus texted me they were outside. We grabbed our tote bags with some of our school stuff in it and we went downstairs. My dad stopped me before I could walk out the door.

"Have fun honey." "Okay dad. I'll see you and mom later."

Me and Whitney walked out of the door and went to get in the car with the guys. Once we did Gus looked me up and down.

"You look nice." "This isn't my outfit."

Whitney giggled in the front seat and I hit her playfully making her giggle more.

Tracy said,"Is there enough space back there?"

Horsehead said,"I'm squished."

Wicca said,"So am I."

Bexey said,"I'm good."

Tracy said,"Maya, could you get on Gus's lap until we get there? Please."

I looked at Gus for permission and he just nodded so I got into his lap.

Wicca said,"That's so much better. I thought I was about to die."

Tracy smacked his lips and said,"If you were that squished and REALLY about to die then you wouldn't have gotten in the car. Now stop being a baby and shut up."

He crossed his arms like a kid who just got scolded, making me laugh. When Tracy started driving I then realized Gus's arm was around my waist. I smiled to myself and started blushing. Then Tracy turned some music on. My Chemical Romance's song Mama started to play. We all started yelling to the lyrics and singing along with each other. When we got to the party I got out of the car and Gus made sure I got out without falling.

"Hey, Gus?" "Yeah?" "Can you show me the bathroom when we get inside? I wanna change my clothes." "Sure."

He closed the door behind me as everyone else was getting out. We then all started walking towards the house and I was terrified by now. Terrified that I'd kill all the party vibes. Everyone was smoking, goofing around, talking, drinking, dancing. The music was booming. People were just literally everywhere. I guess Gus noticed my worry and he grabbed my hand into his.

"It's gonna be okay Maya. You're gonna have fun and I swear I will try and make this the best time for you."

I smiled at him and held his hand a little tighter. Once we got inside the house he showed me to the bathroom.

"Okay so, when you're finished just come back downstairs and I'll most likely be by the beer pong table." "Okay. I'll see you in a second then?" "Yes."

I nodded my head then closed the bathroom door as he walked away. I got out of the dress I was in and was now back in my party dress. I put my black choker on that Whitney told me not to forget and I stuffed the regular dress into my tote bag. I then put my tote bag underneath the sink just to make sure I didn't lose it anywhere. I then heard knocking on the door so I opened it and someone rushed in and started barfing into the toilet. I tilted my head in disgust.

"Alright then."

I then started walking downstairs and looked over the crowd of people as I walked down. There were a lot of people. I couldn't even spot Whitney anywhere. I started going through the people trying to find someone I knew but I ended up bumping into someone. Making them spill their drink of course. I looked up to see a rather handsome guy.

"Hi. I don't think I've ever seen you around school before." "Maybe not. I'm kinda new." "Your name's Kinda New?" "No, no."

We started laughing and I put some hair behind my ear.

"No, I meant uh...I'm new to the school." "Let's go talk outside. It's really loud in here."

I nodded and we went outside by the pool.

"So, where were we?" "Uh, I think we were talking about how new I am to the school." "Ah. And your name?" "Maya." "Oh yeah, I've heard of you. You're the girl who pushed Tiffany and confronted the football players."

I smiled a little and he smirked back.

"That's me." "You've got balls. I like it. And by the way my name's Lucas." "Nice to meet you Lucas." "The pleasure's all mine."

I started blushing making him smirk more.

"So who'd you come with?" "Just some friends. They all ditched me though. I can't seem to find any of them anymore." "Well why don't me and you go grab some drinks and we can hang." "Sounds cool. I need a guide."

He chuckled and we started walking back in the house.