Chapter Thirty: Prepping For The Party

Maya's Pov

I was walking to lunch but then Kellin caught up with me. I groaned internally and wondered what the hell he would want.

"I don't wanna talk to you Kellin." "Look, I'm not going with Jenny anymore okay. I want to go to your party. I cancelled with her."

I looked at him and he looked back.

"I'm sorry I even thought that'd be a cool thing to do." "What made you change your mind?" "Because. I like you Maya."

I sighed.

"I don't know. I'll talk to you later."

I walked away and went outside to meet Gus. He was sitting on the bleachers on his phone. I walked towards him and he said hey to me once I got close.

"Hey. You're out here early today." "Yeah. I figured I'd switch things up a little bit." "Well, Kellin came and talked to me before I came out here. Claims he cancelled the date with Jenny." "You're not inviting him are you? You can't. He made you cry. And he made you feel bad." "I know."

I put some hair behind my ear and sighed.

"The party's gonna be great without him. I promise." "I know. You coming right after school?" "Yeah. I figured I'd ride with you if that's okay." "Of course." "I want chinese food." "Ooo. Chinese sounds amazing." "Wanna skip and go get some?" "I can't." "Why not?" "Because my mom wants me to stay in school. One of her rules and I figured this time I wouldn't be the difficult teenager." "But it's so much more fun being the difficult teenager." "It is but still." "Fine. Suit yourself." "I'll order you some later for the party, okay?" "Hell yeah."

I smiled and he smiled back. Whitney had come walking towards the bleachers and she came by me and Gus. She sat next to me and put her head on my shoulder.

"You okay?" "Yeah. I'm just ready to go to your house and party." "Same. You down for chinese tonight?" "Of course. Are there egg rolls involved." "Duh." "Yes."

I laughed at her a little.

I then said,"Do you have anything you need to get from your house Whitney?" "No. I brought 2 bags to school today, the one for your house is in my locker." "What about you Gus?"

Gus said,"Nah, I've got everything I need in my bookbag." "Well text everyone else and see if they need anything from their house." "Okay."

He did that and I stared off at the school.

XTime SkipX

When it was the end of the day we went straight to my house. When we got there I let everyone in once I unlocked the door. I then took my stuff off and threw it on the couch.

"Alright so, we're gonna need party lights, the food, drinks, the weed, and the speaker for the music."

I looked towards everyone else.

"So, Gus should come to the store with me so we can get a bunch of snacks. Goth, you can handle the weed stuff. Whitney, I need you to do the lights. There's a box in my closet with the party lights in them, there should be 2 in the box. Tracy I need you to order chinese food and there's some money I'm gonna bring to you before I leave to the store. And Bexey I need you to set up a playlist of music for tonight so it can just play during the party."

Everyone agreed to what they were doing and I got ready to go to the store with Gus. When I went upstairs I grabbed the money from my moms room for the chinese food. I also grabbed some for the snacks I was about to get. Then I came back downstairs and gave what I needed to Tracy.

I said,"And please Tracy. Go crazy with how many egg rolls they bring." "As in get a lot?" "Yes." "I gotchu."

I smiled and me and Gus headed out. When I started driving Gus laughed a little bit.

"What's funny?" "Nothing. You're just cute when you're bossy."

I laughed and said,"I am not cute. And it's just cause I want this party to be good. It's my first one that I'm throwing. Tons of people aren't coming but yeah." "I don't care. It's gonna be cool." "I hope so." "It will be." "Fine. But anyways, how's your music going?" "It's going okay. Still working on it if that's what you're asking." "Good." "Why is that good?" "Because I liked that little piece I heard before. I'm ready to hear more whenever you want to share." "I know. And I will gladly not share it with you."

I hit him in his arm and he started to laugh. I shook my head and continued to the store.

Gustav's Pov

When we got to the store we both got out and went to get a cart. She got in the cart and I smiled.

"Onward Gustav." "Never say that again."

We both laughed and I started to push the cart. I went to the chip aisle first.

I said,"What kinda chips you want?" "Hot cheetos, barbecue lays, sour cream and onion lays, funyuns, and cheddar and sour cream ruffles." "Are you sure you want all those?" "Yes." "Okay."

I grabbed all the chips she asked for and we went to the candy aisle.

I said,"What now?" "Okay from here we need a bag of chocolate candies. It can be a mix of chocolates and make sure you grab 2 bags." "Okay."

I did that and put them in the cart.

She said,"Do the same for fruity candy, grab 2 bags then we're rollin to the cookie section." "You're such a dork." "I know."

So we just went around the store and found snacks for the party. Once we found everything and bought it we went back to Maya's house to finish setting up.