Chapter Nine: Let Me Make It Up To You

Maya's P.o.v

"Hey! Maya!"

I stopped walking and turned around. I seen Gus running towards me. I rolled my eyes and tried getting in my truck until he stopped me and closed the door back.

"Wait. Before you go anywhere just let me-." "Let you what? Explain? You were really mean to me yesterday and I didn't even-." "I know. I wanna make it up to you. Let me come over today."

I shook my head and tried opening my door again. He closed it back and put me up against the truck. I looked up at him and he looked down on me.

"Please." "Fine. On one condition." "Okay." "You get mean again and I'll scare you. Just like I did Brad."

He scoffed playfully.

"You? Scare me?" "Yes."

I got closer to his face and I could see him looking at my lips.

"I scare you."

I could see that he wanted to kiss me which made this a little more fun. We got in the truck and went to my house.

Gustav's P.o.v

"Baby girl, we should be studying for our math test tomorrow." "I know. I'm sorry. I just...you found it so I'd figured I'd tell you something about it."

I grabbed the book from him and threw it underneath my bed.

"No, that doesn't mean put it away."

I sighed and just ran my hands through my hair.

"Hey, what's wrong?" "Nothing."

He snapped his finger and I looked at him confused.

"What?" "Music helps in these types of situations."

He turned on some My Chemical Romance and I shook my head playfully then fell back on the bed. Gus started dancing around my room like an idiot and I giggled.

"Thought we should've been studying for our math test Gustav." "Yeah, well, maybe we shouldn't be. When mcr comes on the world shouldn't matter. Get up and dance with me doofus."

I stood up then grabbed one of my pillows and hit him with it. We then started having a pillow fight. I got him in the head and he hit me back in my side. We just kept hitting each other until we didn't have anymore energy left. When we fell on the bed he chuckled.

"What's so funny?" "It's almost like we just had sex." "What's sex like?" "Amazing as hell. Probably better if it's with the right person." "Have you done it with the right person yet?"

He stayed silent for a few seconds but then spoke back up.

"No. Not yet. Also a little advice, don't give it up until you're completely ready." "Noted."

He looked at me and I looked back at him.

"What?" "Nothing."

I was going to say something else until my mom came up to my bedroom door.

"Well..this doesn't look like studying. Like how you texted me you were doing." "We were. I got distracted. It's my fault we're not studying like I said we were." "Were you even studying at all?" "Yes." "In a couple minutes I want him gone. We need to talk."

She walked back downstairs and I sighed.

"It's okay. I'll see you at school tomorrow. Maybe afterwards we can go somewhere." "Gus it's fine..you don't have to-." "I want to. Your mom might be a bitch but, you're cool."

I smiled and he pinched my cheek then we walked downstairs. I walked him to the door and he smirked at me on his way out.

"I'll see you later. Make it home safe." "I always do."

I rolled my eyes at him playfully then he started walking away from my house. I closed and locked the door after I seen him gone and I smiled slightly to myself. My mom soon interrupted my inner happiness when she called my name from the kitchen. I walked in and looked at her.

"I don't like your behavior." "Well get to the point why don't you." "I'm serious Maya. It's like you're pushing me to move your school again." "Mom I just got there. And I don't know if you've noticed but I'm making friends. I'm finally halfway decent when I come home from school. Not crying my eyes out and wishing I was dead."

She looked at me with her piercing eyes and I could just feel the heavy tension rising in the room.

"You need to be careful who you call your friends Maya. That boy wants nothing from you other than what you have down below. If he can get that, he wins. I don't want that to happen to my little girl." "I'm not a kid anymore mom. I'm a senior in high school. You said you wanted me to start acting like it then please, start treating me like it."

She sighed and I looked away from her.

"Can I go now?" "Yes."

I went upstairs to my room and put my head into my pillow. I screamed so loud but it was muffled the entire time. I then seen my phone had a text message and I checked it. It was Gus.

GusGus😴
hey, you okay bg?

Maya😇
bg?

GusGus😴
babygirl

Maya😇
yeah...I guess I'm okay..I just wish my life was set up differently...

GusGus😴
same...

Maya😇
what would your life be like if it was up to you??

GusGus😴
I'd be makin music of course, sold out show after show, hanging with my best friends on tours and shit..a life where I can show the world what I'm gifted with..

Maya😇
you wanna make music?

GusGus😴
yes, I do...but I don't really have money for studio time right now so, as of right now I'm kinda just writing things and seeing how different things sound

Maya😇
thats really cool, if you were to describe your sound, what would it be?

GusGus😴
hypnotic

Maya😇
why hypnotic?

GusGus😴
my music is like a trance that you choose to put yourself into, I find my music calming and it helps me cope with this shitty thing people call life..

Maya😇
I'd love to hear something sometime

GusGus😴
ok, but you get to bed..its getting kinda late

Maya😇
ok, I'll see you at school tomorrow?..

GusGus😴
you will definitely see me at school tomorrow

Maya😇
kay, goodnight Gus

GusGus😴
goodnight bg👻

I smiled to myself then cut my phone off and got ready for bed.