Chapter Seventeen: Useless Tears

Gustav's P.o.v

I woke up and felt so groggy. I groaned as I grabbed my phone from my nightstand. There were 3 missed calls from Maya. I sighed and got up from my bed. I got cleaned up and into some fresh clothes. I then started putting a jacket on and grabbing things I would need to go to Maya's house. Once I was fully ready I rode to her house on my skateboard with my headphones playing some MCR. Once I got to her house I put my skateboard down on the side of it and went around to Maya's window. When I climbed up her balcony I peeked inside her room. She wasn't in it. I put my hand on the handle and thankfully her door was unlocked. I opened it and walked inside. I took my shoes off and set them neatly by her balcony door against the wall then I started staring around her room. But then I heard yelling. I walked to her door and eased into the conversation.

"I hate you! You're always trying to control my life!" "That is not the way you talk to your mother!" "You too! I hate living here! I can never just be who I wanna be!" "You are a Prescott! And damn it you'll start acting like one!"

There was silence then footsteps coming towards her room. I sat on her bed and she came in then slammed the door. She broke down crying and she slid down her door with her head in her hands. She hadn't even noticed I was there. I got up from her bed and sighed quietly.

"Maya?"

She looked up then tried wiping her tears as fast as she could.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know you came in." "No, it's okay."

I sat next to her and she was still trying to wipe her tears away.

"Baby girl, you don't have to try and stop crying. I heard...half of the conversation...what happened?" "My parents hate me. That's what happened." "Cmon. That's not true." "That is true. Nobody cares about me. I'm just the stupid, spoiled little rich girl and I'll never be anything more than that." "Hey. Now I know they've probably been being hard on you but don't put that on yourself. You're a cool person and you don't deserve to think of yourself negatively."

She sighed and that kind of made me feel bad.

"I just wanna get away from here." "Well we could always go back to my house. I brought my skateboard though so, we'd be walking." "We can take my truck. You can put your skateboard in the back." "Okay."

So we snuck out of her balcony window and ran to the garage together. She opened it and we got in her truck. She pulled off as soon as the engine was started then we went to my house. When we got there Maya went to my room. I let her have her space and sat on the couch while I waited on my friends to come over.

Maya's P.o.v

I went in Gus's room and sat on his bed. I started to cry and for some reason I couldn't stop. All I could think about was my parents. My stupid, stupid, rich, annoying parents. I just wanted to be normal. Before I knew it a knock came to the door.

"Come in."

I started wiping my face as quick as I could.

"Hey..are you okay?"

I turned around and seen Goth.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

I looked back forward and stared down at the floor.

"Maya, if you're not okay you can tell me."

He sat next to me and I sighed while I closed my eyes. He wrapped his arms around me and I just started crying again.

"Shhh. It's okay. I've got you."

I cried harder and grabbed onto his arm.

"I j-just w-wanna make my p-parents happy but-." "Hey. It's okay. You don't have to speak on it just yet. I'm just here for comfort."

I smiled slightly about what he said through my tears.

"You guys are so n-nice to me." "We may have been friends for only awhile but ever since I met you, you've been really cool. I have no reason to be mean to you." "Thanks Goth." "Anytime Maya. When you're ready to come out of here we'll be waiting in the living room, okay?" "Okay."

I smiled slightly and he let me go then walked out of the room. I sighed and started wiping my tears away again. Once I felt ready to leave the room, I got up and went into the living room. Before I entered I seen the guys playing a game and Whitney was on her phone. Gus looked up from the tv and smiled slightly at me. I sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"You okay?" "Much better now." "You wanna play?" "No. I'm good." "Okay."

He wrapped his arm around me and let me lay my head in his chest.

"Gus?" "Hm?" "Can I spend the night?" "Sure baby girl." "Thank you." "No need to say thank you, call it a friendly gesture."

I smiled to myself because I said that to him before. Then I started to fall asleep and after awhile, I did.