Chapter Eighteen: Kellin

Maya's P.o.v

"I can't believe that bitch is back already." "I know right. But, try not to focus on her too much. And after school I was figuring you could stay with me and come to the library." "Of course I can Whitney. And the only reason I keep focusing on her is because I just wanna kick her ass for when her and her friends jumped me."

I eyed Tiffany from across the hallway and clutched my books to my chest tighter.

"I still don't know why you didn't just beat all of them up."

I sighed and then when me and Whitney turned around Goth and Gus were behind us. Whitney tried to walk away but I grabbed her by her backpack to bring her back.

Gustav said,"So, you got jumped and didn't tell me?" "Gus-." "Stop. Cause I know you're just gonna lie. And I can't believe you lied to me that day." "Gus, I swear I never lied to you." "Yes you did Maya. That day we were on the phone and I told you to get home safe. And clearly you didn't because you got jumped and didn't tell me about it."

I looked at Whitney and she looked down at the floor.

Gus looked at her and said,"You knew?" "Of course I knew but blame Maya. I had nothing to do with this. I just helped her get cleaned up. And she told me not to tell you."

I looked at Whitney in shock that she just told on me. Then I looked back at Gus who was shaking his head at me.

"Gus I swear, I didn't mean to lie. I just..I didn't think it was that serious." "Not serious? You got jumped and you didn't tell anyone." "Well, I told Whitney. And besides, Whitney also came to the rescue."

Whitney nodded in guilt and Gus started walking off. I started following him and tried keeping up with his fast, long-legged pace.

"Gus wait. You know I can't walk this fast. Gus Stop!"

I grabbed his arm and he turned to look at me.

"Don't be mad at me. Please. I didn't mean to lie." "But you did." "But I just didn't want you to worry." "Well now I'm worried."

I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Awww, Gus is worried about me."

He shook his head and smiled at me slightly.

"You are crazy Maya." "I know."

I linked my arm with his and we started walking to class together while talking.

Gustav's P.o.v

We were now at lunch and Maya was gone. I couldn't find her anywhere. I decided to call her but she didn't answer. I went outside to see if she went outside for lunch and then I seen her. She was on the field by herself and looked like she was doing work. Before I could start walking towards her someone tapped me.

I turned around and seen Tiffany. I rolled my eyes and tried walking away but she got in front of me. I groaned and looked at her in disgust.

"What the hell do you want?" "I just wanted to ask if you and your friends wanted to come to a party tonight." "No. We'll pass."

I tried walking again but she got back in front of me.

"Oh cmon. You know you could never turn down a party." "I just did." "Okay look. Let's just talk. Maya's fine." "Well, probably not after you jumped her on her way home."

She looked at me with a maniacal smile and I shook my head in disgust. I went past her and started jogging towards Maya. Once I got closer I seen she had her headphones in. I sat next to her and she took her headphones out.