Chapter Twenty-Eight: He Didn't Want To Come

Maya's Pov

I was in first hour and for the last 30 minutes or so Mr.Divine just let us work on the assignment that he gave us. Me, Goth, Bexey, Tracy and Gus were all talking to each other. I put my pencil down for a minute and looked at them.

I said,"So guys?"

Bexey said,"What's up?" "My parents are gonna be gone til next Tuesday so I was wondering if tomorrow you guys wanted to have a party or some shit."

Goth said,"When do your parents leave?" "They leave tonight." "Sick. I'm coming if you have one."

Bexey said,"Me too. Just send me the time and stuff." "Okay."

Tracy said,"I'll be there."

Gus didn't say anything so I looked at him. He was on his phone and Tracy tapped him. Gus looked up and turned his phone off.

Gus said,"I'm sorry what?" "Do you wanna go to a party I'm throwing at my house tomorrow?" "You're throwing a party?" "Yeah. Are you coming or not?" "You know I'm coming loser."

I hit him playfully and he laughed a little bit.

Goth said,"You inviting anyone else besides us?" "Well.."

I looked towards Gus then back at Goth.

"I was gonna invite Whitney of course, once I seen her in 3rd period. Then Kellin.."

Gus looked towards me and had 'the face' on.

I said,"What?.." "Why him?" "Because.."

Gus shook his head and I knew he was probably mad at me now. Once the bell rung for next class Gus tried racing out of the room. I caught up to him though and stopped him from walking.

"Hey. Don't be pissed at me." "I'm not pissed." "You are pissed. I can feel it. And there's no need for it." "Well, I'm not pissed so, you should chill out." "See. That right there means that you're pissed. You can't even look at me right now either." "I'm fine Maya. And I need to get to class so."

I let him walk off and went to my next class.

Gustav's Pov

It was now lunch time and I was on my way outside to talk to Maya. I seen her sitting on the bleachers doing some work with her headphones in. I went and sat next to her. When she seen me she took her headphones out.

"Hey. What are you up to?" "Just getting some English work done. You still pissed at me?" "Are you still inviting Kellin?" "I don't know. Should I? Cause I won't if it really makes you mad. It can be just us. It'd probably be more fun anyways." "Maya, invite who you want. It's your party. Just know that I'll be there. Okay?" "But I thought you were-." "I'm not mad or anything. It's gonna be great. I can help you get set up and stuff."

She smiled and started to do her work again. For some reason I didn't like when she thought I was mad at her. It made me feel uncomfortable. I felt better when she was smiling and when we were laughing and talking. After awhile Goth had come outside and Kellin was right behind him. I almost threw up in my mouth. Once they got to us Kellin asked for Maya and they walked off together.

Goth said,"So, what do you think they're talking about?" "That stupid party."

I watched as Maya and Kellin talked. I was hoping he didn't want to go to the party.

"Gus?" "What?" "I said what are we doing after school today." "Oh. We can go to my house and chill or something." "Kay."

I looked back at them and by the time I did Kellin was walking away and Maya was walking back towards us.

Goth said,"What'd he say?" "He uh..he said that he couldn't come.." "Why not?" "Cause.." "You can tell me." "I know..he just..he said he couldn't so."

She started fake smiling and I knew she wouldn't say what he actually said while Goth was standing there so I tried changing the subject.

"You wanna come over after school today Maya?" "Sure. I'd like that." "Okay. I'll meet you in the parking lot after the last bell." "Cool."

The bell rung for next class and we all walked back to the school together and I kept thinking about what that dick said to Maya.

Maya's Pov
XTime SkipX

It was now the end of the day and I was on my way to my car. Before I could get to it someone called out my name. It was Kellin. I tried rushing to get into the car but he got to me before I could.

"Hey. Don't be mad at me okay." "Fuck you Kellin." "Me and her were just going out." "Right. And I'm gonna assume that going out means going out on a date. So stop trying to act like you have any interest in me and have fun with Jenny."

He sighed and walked away. I was about to start crying so I hurriedly got into my car. Once I did I grabbed onto the steering wheel and just stared ahead of me. What was so wrong with me? Why was I never the one who was liked? In the middle of me thinking someone tapped on the passenger window. I seen that it was Gus and he was smiling at me. I unlocked the door and he got in. When he closed the door he tried to look me in my face so I looked away for a second. Laughing a little bit.

"Hey Gus." "Don't bullshit me Maya. What's wrong?"

I shook my head and tried blinking tears away before Gus noticed fully that something was wrong.

"Maya talk to me. You can talk to me about anything."

Him saying that only made me start crying for real.

"I'm just tired."

I was crying and smiling at the same time and I started wiping my tears away. Gus stayed silent and looked towards me.

"What did he say to you?" "He's going on a date with a different girl. And I know it's because he didn't find any interest in me the other night. I know our date pushed him away from me cause I'm not normal. But..I guess I just would really like if someone liked me for once..and I know that sounds stupid as fuck and I shouldn't even be crying over someone I just met but..I don't know.."

Gus started wiping my tears with his sleeve and he smiled slightly.

"You're perfect the way you are Maya. And Kellin's a douchebag. We're gonna have the best party ever without him." "I'm such a loser though..there won't even be a bunch of people there." "So? It's still gonna be fucking awesome." "I don't know.."

Goth had got into the car when he was about to say something else and he got into the car with Bexey, Whitney and Tracy. I started the car up and stayed quiet the entire ride to Gus's house while everyone else talked.