Chapter Five: First Time Over Maya's House

Maya's P.o.v

"Maya! Wait up!"

I stopped walking and turned around. It was Gus. Once he finally caught up to me I smiled.

"Hey Gus. Did you guys find something out?" "Actually, they all had stuff to do today but me and you could do something. If you want to." "Sure. Wanna go to my house?" "Okay."

We got in my truck and I let him drive since I felt tired. I sighed when he started it up and threw my head back on the seat. He turned it back off.

"I don't know the directions to your house." "I'll tell you while you drive." "Are you okay?" "Yeah." "No you're not. Your voice is practically screaming something's wrong." "I'm fine.." "No you're not." "Yes I am." "No you're not." "Yes I am." Nuh uh." Yuh huh." "Nope." "Yup." "Are not."

I looked at him and he was already looking at me with his head resting on his hand and a smirk on his face.

"Are to." "No you're not." "Gus." "Maya."

I was about to start laughing but I held it in as best I could.

"Alright c'mon. Lets go to my house." "Alright."

He started it up back up and then I directed him to my house. Once he got there we went inside and he gasped.

"Your house is amazing." "Thanks. I wish they'd get something smaller and more humble but they just...wanna be so fancy." "Well what happened earlier?" "What do you mean?"

I started walking upstairs and he followed me. We got to my room and he sat on my bed.

"I mean when you said you got into a stupid discussion with your parents." "Oh yeah..this morning my mom and dad were trying to chew me out for being out last night with you guys and when I said I didn't wanna talk about it anymore because she was making a big deal my dad said we'd talk about it later. I don't wanna talk about it later."

He looked at me with a sympathetic face and I sat next to him on the bed.

"Ya know..in times like these I like to listen to One Direction and dance around my room thinking my best thoughts in a pink tutu and tiara."

I tried holding in my laughter but I ended up laughing anyway. He said it with the most serious tone. He soon started laughing with me.

Gustav's P.o.v

When I was around Maya, I felt like I finally had met a person who could understand me. She was so full of life and gave off good vibes. Even though she was rich she didn't seem like it. She was really humble and down-to-earth. I just liked what type of person she was already.

"Thanks for letting me talk to you Gus." "I'm always here to talk."

She half smiled at me then we heard people downstairs.

"Shit. It's my parents."

I grabbed my book bag and her book bag in a rush then grabbed out some school supplies and matching text books to make it look like we were studying. I set everything out in the best way I could to make it look like we had done some work.

When her mom was almost to her bedroom door I whispered to Maya,"Act natural."

She nodded her head then her mom finally got to her door.

"Maya we need to-. Oh. Hello. I didn't know Maya was having company today. What are you two doing?" "Psychology, mom." "Well I guess we could talk later then."

I waved and said,"Hey, I'm Gus." "Hi."

There was an awkward silence until Maya's mom spoke up again.

"Well if there's anything you guys need I'll be right downstairs. But I'd like the door to stay open. Please."

Maya said okay then her mom left the room.

"Well your mom's extra cheerful. I didn't at all feel like she was disgusted by my existence." "Stop it. Don't be like that. She just needs some time to get to know you, just like I still need time to get to know you. And just like you need some time to get to know me. Patience is key." "And what are you, a philosopher now?" "No smartass, I'm just wise."

I scoffed playfully and she giggled.

"But wanna know how I know she wasn't really paying attention? I said we were working on psychology."

She lifted a text book up from the bed.

"These books are algebra. If you're ready to go home now I underst-." "I don't want to. I'm fine right here." "Are you sure? What just happened was pretty awkward and I know sometimes my mom can act a little-." "Demonish?" "Hey."

She slapped my arm playfully and I chuckled.

"No I just meant she can be a little bitchy sometimes." "Well you're bitchy so I can handle your mom." "One more comment Gus and I'll put you on your back." "Well of course you'd want me on my back. Why wouldn't you?" "Not in that way you pervert."

While I just continued to laugh she knocked me down and we both fell on the floor. She was on top of me.

"See I told you, I'd put you on your back." "You caught me off guard though." "Did I? I don't quite remember that part." "Well I remember very vividly. I'll tell the police when they get here."

She started to giggle and I smirked.

"What doofus?" "Ya know? I like this position."

She blushed once she noticed she was still on top of me and she got off me.

"S-Sorry. I was-" "Stop apologizing. It's not necessary. You know I'm just kidding with you."

She seemed so weird about it which made me more curious.

"Have you ever had a boyfriend Maya?"

She looked at me and looked back down guiltily. Her hair now hiding her face.

"No." "So you've never kissed a guy? Never gotten a hickey? Went on a date? Had sex?"

She stayed quiet and I decided to change this up a bit. I moved her hair and lifted her head up then I kissed her. She was shocked at first but then started to kiss me back. When we heard her mom coming again we pulled apart. Her mom got to the doorway. We both looked at her.

"It's time for Gus to go home now sweetie. Again...it was nice meeting you Gus and I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe next time you could join us for dinner." "I'd be delighted to do that some time."

I took a look at Maya and she was dazed from the kiss still.

"That's so nice of your mom to make that offer isn't it Maya?"

She snapped out of it once I nudged her side and I chuckled slightly.

"Oh, y-yeah. That's real nice of her. Well mom I'm gonna take Gus home." "You come right back young lady." "I will."

I packed my stuff back into my book bag and then me and Maya left after I said my goodbye to her mom. Her dad didn't even wanna speak to me. Once we got to my house she looked over to me and smiled.

"Well I'm sorry for the worst time ever at my house." "It's fine Maya. I had fun." "Okay.."

She started blushing and I leaned over and kissed her just like before but a little softer. Once we pulled away I smiled at her.

"Now you've officially had your first kiss." "What was this second one for then?" "Because I know you wanted to kiss me again."

She rolled her eyes playfully then I opened the door.

Before I got out I said,"Make it home safe Maya." "I will. Bye Gus." "Bye."

She waited for me to get into the house then she drove off and I went to my room and just threw myself on the bed. A stupid smile on my face the whole time.